So, it appears that I haven't blogged for 7 months. Whoops. My bad. Anywho, Kate had a birthday at the end of November. I seem to remember we had Thanksgiving before that, but I don't have any other pictures in November. Dang. I think that's because I broke my phone around this time, so I lost all the pictures I hadn't downloaded, and then I didn't take more because I didn't have a phone. First world problems, am I right?
This was Kate's first (and I wish last) friend party. She invited some cousins and some neighborhood friends. I had a great time decorating according to the Frozen theme. I have always wanted a reason to buy the cute paper straws, and I finally had one! Yay for me. Oh, and for Kate. Because this party was about Kate. Not about me making awesome decorations and treats.
And the party has started!
We had blue punch, tiny sandwiches, two cakes, blue sprinkle covered marshmallows, blue sprinkle covered white chocolate pretzels, and blue ice cube jello squares.
Kate says the sprinkle marshmallows were the best. But they kind of grossed me out.
The ice for the frozen cake turned out green, because that darn sugar candy stuff turns yellow when you cook it. Dang.
We decorated goodie bags and colored Frozen pictures.
We also played Pin the Nose on Olaf.
Li'l Sarah Dye won, but I have a feeling she might have peeked...
A couple kids were way off. And I don't feel bad for laughing at them.
Then we opened friend presents.
This is Cake #1. Originally Kate asked for the cake with the candy ice stuff around the outside. Then she changed her mind and asked for the castle shaped cake with purple frosting. I had already committed to the one, so I threw together this other one the morning of. I've done better, but I've also done much worse. The frosting was stabilized whipped cream, and it was delicious.
I'm not a fan of these girl Legos, but Kate liked them. And I liked that she had her own Legos. And that she was happy. But I wish the girl Legos weren't so gender stereotyped. (Sorry for getting all feminist there.)
Time to sing and eat cake!
After the friend party we had the family party where all the aunts/uncles/cousins/grandparents came over.
About to sing and cut into Cake #2.
Kate opening round two of presents.
My mom bought Kate some flowers, decorations for the party and the hair.
Kate's Fabulous Elsa Braid, courtesy of her Fabulous Aunt Heather. (My sister Heather, not my sister-in-law Heather, who is also fabulous.) I can't braid.
Jude trying to grab Seth's teeth.






1 comment:
I dont doubt for one second that Sarah peaked.
Post a Comment