27 May 2015

Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote...

... The droghte of Marche hath perced to the roote,
 And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
 Of which vertu engendred is the flour;

There's more, but I'll stop. I still have the first stanza of the prologue to the Canterbury Tales memorized in Middle English. Yep, I'm a nerd.

I love Gray's dress up outfits that he puts together. I don't know what part the stuffed train is playing in this whole getup.



Jude wanted a picture because Gray got his picture taken.


Haircuts! My friend Lindsay came over and fixed up Kate's hair and chopped my hair. I wanted something really different, but I was too chicken to go full on pixie.


We cut a few inches off of Kate's hair and added some layers at the bottom. Can you see where she cut her own bangs last month?


I cut all the blonde off of mine. And that made me sad. I don't like my natural hair color. Maybe being outside in the summer will help blonde/cheer me up.


It's nice and short, but I think I'm going to grow it out to about shoulder length so I can more easily put it in a ponytail.


Sometimes, when we drive from Spanish Fork or Provo back to home in the afternoons, Gray falls asleep. Then he'll stay asleep despite me dragging him inside and laying him on the floor or propping him against the wall or standing him on his feet.


Jude gets really upset when Gray won't respond to him.


We had our Annual Neighborhood Easter Breakfast and Egg Hunt the first Saturday in April. I forgot to take pictures, except for two of Jude at the end when he looked at his eggs. Oops. It was windy and delicious and fun.



Traditional Easter Dirt Dessert with Carrots. Mmmm.



Easter/Conference fun at Granny and Papa's house! Notice my lovely shadow at the bottom of the picture. I am looking so good.





Gray was the big winner who found both of the Golden Eggs!


Kate reading to Jude. I love when my kids are big enough to read to the little ones.


I like taking pictures when I make tasty food. This was a panini made on my homemade sourdough bread with avocado and real ham and some cheese. Mmmm.


During Spring Break we went with some neighborhood friends to the Grotto waterfall in Payson. It's fun!


My friends Jami and Kari. I kind of feel left out now because my name doesn't end in I.










They might not look very happy, but they were having fun.


Eating a picnic lunch with everyone at the end of the hike.


Building with the fort kit.


Someone was sad to put on overalls. I think he didn't like it when I called him "Farmer."


Creating Elephant Toothpaste with Colin's friend Gage.


Jude is cute. The end.



I love when he's all bundled and plopped onto pillows. It makes him so happy.


Fun with chalk.



What's that? You don't know what Kate's doing in this picture? Don't worry. Neither do I.



Going to the hospital to visit Grant and Kelli's new baby girl, Lydia Mae Williams.





I decided that her nickname should be spelled Lid-E.


Isn't it nice to have a big brother who will pull your pants up for you?


Kate got her ballet costume for her upcoming recital. She had just taken pictures at her dance teacher's house, and when she got home I asked her if I could take her picture before she changed. This is what happened.


Nate grew his facial hair out longer than I had ever seen it. Then he shaved a mustache. I thought he was going to go to work that way, but he said, "I couldn't do it." Which was probably for the best. I call this look The Molester 'Stache.




Nate and I were invited to go to a play at the Desert Star playhouse in SLC with one of Nate's workmates. I had never heard of it, but I guess they do musical spoofs and stuff like that. The one we watched was called "Into the Hoods," which was a full on parody of "Into the Woods." Obviously. It was hilarious and fun.



I'm not so good with the selfies. Have I mentioned before that I hate the word "selfie"? Because I do.


You could order food and stuff, but we had eaten lunch beforehand. But we did get some ice cream at intermission! Yay!


The crowd was largely old folks. It was a Saturday matinee.


Gray, sitting parrot-style on Nate's shoulder.


Gray and his friend Mason playing with the bugs. I can't count how many times I heard them yell, "Look! A worm!" or "Look! A role-y pole-y!" They were in little boy heaven.


Jude while we were trying to say a family prayer.



I watched my neighbor's girls one night when she had to go to work. I let the kids stay up for a late night watching a show.



Baby Jocelyn came to town! And her mom, Lenna, too, but that's less important. Jude likes babies, but from a safe distance.


I couldn't get enough of that fat face and those chins!


Jude is modeling the newest fashion trend sweeping the country—your older brother's underpants on the outside of your onesie pajamas.


Kate planned a girls' night for when Nate was out of town in Seattle. Colin decided that he needed to have a boys' night too, so he wrote out invitations. I like how he started the invitation with the statement "Colin Rocks!"


This is the back of the invite.


For the girls night, I made eclair bars, which are one of my favorite desserts. But, like an idiot, I misread the directions and ended up making a double batch of the puff pastry crust. And then, no one ate any of the dang bars! Ugh. It was kind of a disaster.


Kate's little friends, all dressed up like princesses—Chloe, Sophi, Breanna, and Kate.


Laura and Heather also attended, to add some class to the event.


They are laughing about how the poor pay taxes, but the rich don't. Or something like that.


And here I am, wearing my fanciest scarf, all of my best necklaces, and my mother's old dress that she made in the late seventies. I also wore this dress to a dance in high school.


I am super creepy, but I accept that about myself.



Aww. Everyone is so fancy and adorable. Yay for last minute late night princess tea parties!


After our tea party, we painted nails and watched a Tinker Bell show.



At some point during the night, after girls' night, Kate got a bloody nose, and then threw up. (I think the barf was prompted by the blood running down her throat while she slept.) When I went downstairs to clean it up, I was mad at myself for serving chili for dinner. This poor bear was in her bed, and it had a rough night too. Thankfully, all the junk came out in the wash. And the bear survived! Scroll down quickly if you're squeamish. These next three pictures be gross.




Kate and Gray were proud of the fort they made, with all the blankets the took from the hall closet without asking. Ugh.


Brotherly love in the bath.



DeAnna and her kids came out for a few days for her brother's missionary homecoming. We met up with them and went to the Payson Temple open house. It was lovely. I had such a great time sharing the different parts of the temple with my kids.


Everyone wanted to touch Jesus, hold his hand, or give him a hug. It was precious.



Jude is the cutest.



It's hard to get a group photo of these crazy monsters.



They would say "Cheese!" but they wouldn't look at me.









My windshield is dirty.


No comments: