17 January 2009

Recipe Friday, Saturday Edition

Spinach Ravioli Bake

I made this for lunch/dinner today, and I think it's a winner. It was easy to put together, and it really dressed up the plain ravioli. Nate said, "It's better than regular ravioli. I'd eat it again." Talk about rave reviews...

2 c. spaghetti sauce
1 pkg. (25 ounces) frozen Italian sausage ravioli or ravioli of your choice
2 c. (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pkg. (10 ounces, but I used 16) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Place 1 c. sauce in a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish. Top with half of the ravioli, mozzarella, spinach, and parmesan. Repeat layers. (If I were to make this again I would probably put the sauce, ravioli, cheese, all the spinach, and then ravioli, sauce, and cheese. The spinach on the top got a little toasted doing it the way the recipe said.) Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

5 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Sounds good! Does Nate know there is actually spinach in there?

Kirsta Silvey said...

Believe it or not, Nate actually likes spinach in things. And he knows it's good for him. I know, I know, shocking.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

That sounds good, I think I will have to make it!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Donovan loved it! Thanks! A recipe that he will eat is always a keeper.

Andrea Grover said...

I printed this off a while ago and I finally made it for dinner this past weekend. Loved it. I followed your suggestion for the layering, and it worked out great.