So, Colin has been a real bundle of joy the last few days. His top front teeth are coming in, and that's been making him a little cranky. He tries really hard to be happy, but sometimes life is just too much for him. If you look closely in his mouth you can see the teeth poking through his gums. Hopefully he'll be back to his normal happy-go-lucky self soon.
Colin also got his first haircut this week! Yay for Colin! Nate cut it since I didn't want to be responsible for a bad haircut. We put Colin in the exersaucer, and I was in charge of entertaining him and keeping his head still. Nate did a pretty good job, but there are a few places where things are a little uneven. Good thing Colin has such a cute face that no one will notice. (Pictures of before and after are down below.)
We had a couple of snowstorms that dumped a ton of snow here last week. I'm glad it's stopped snowing for now because I'm tired of shoveling the driveway. This picture really doesn't do justice to just how much snow we had.
Colin is pretty good at being up on his hands and knees...until he tries to move. Almost as soon as he reaches for a toy he falls down onto his tummy.
While he's not crawling just yet, he is adept at moving himself around on the floor. He goes from sitting to lying on his tummy, to lying on his back, to scooting all around the blanket/floor. Also, I love the lace on that blanket.
Giving Sorcerer Mickey some loves.
Colin wore his UVU shirt for the first time this week. I made Nate take a picture with him since it's his alma mater. I bought the shirt for Nate for his birthday a year ago. It was kind of one of those delayed gratification gifts. What sweet red-eyed, gray-shirt-wearing boys I have.
Colin was being way too cute when I was taking a picture of him in his shirt before his haircut, hence the multiple pictures.
Here are a few after pictures. I had a hard time getting a good shot. After having his head pinned between my hands during the procedure, he couldn't wait to be free and to move around like a crazy person.
This one's a little dark. I'll have to take more pictures (darn) to show off his hair. We cut quite a bit off the top. I'm surprised at how different he looks without that clump of hair in the middle of his head.
Here's a teething shot. Colin is happiest when he has something in his mouth. He's really been enjoying his pacifier this last week, much to my displeasure. Hopefully he'll go back to being indifferent towards it once his teeth arrive.
The end.
4 comments:
I love all of the pictures. I especially love the ones of him in his UVU shirt, he looks extra cute in those ones.
Did you think it sad to cut his baby hair? Karlie has never had a haircut. I think I might cry when the time finally comes for her first trim.
I can't get over what a smiley little boy you have. I hope his teething ends soon...for your sake!
You are so fortunate he is so "happy- go -lucky". He really is so pleasant. I hope the teeth arrive soon! It's hard to tell the haircut but it does look shorter on top. Did you save it? Any birthday plans yet for Nate? Long weekend from school!
Post a Comment