27 November 2009

one last post...

before baby comes.

Here are the pictures from the last week and a half. There aren't very many.

Colin's pretty good about smiling when I get the camera out and ask him to. Also, he likes to eat chocolate cookies.


Last Saturday we took the car in for new tires and thought we could hang out at the mall while we waited. (Turns out we couldn't because it took 4 hours instead of 2 so we walked to Sam's Club and froze and everyone was ornery and needed a nap by the time it was over.) I had an eye exam during that time, which was nice, but then we had nothing else to do. We took Colin down to the cars and he had a great time sitting there spinning the wheels. I don't know what we'll do when he figures out that you can put money in and awesome things will happen. Occasionally some of the other rides would make noises, like creepy kids laughing, and he would get startled and confused.


He would turn around and pet the animals in the jungle jeep.


I felt kind of silly standing there taking pictures at the mall, but he was being so cute I couldn't help it.


Aww, what a sweet drool-y boy.


I made a tutu for my niece for Christmas, and I tried it on Colin to make sure it would fit her okay (they're almost the same size).


He was following me around telling me how pretty he was. "Pretty! Pretty!" He does look pretty.


Bry in a bag.


And this is the only picture I took on Thanksgiving. Nate and I ate with my family while Colin took a nap. It was nice to eat food that was still warm. And it was nice to only have 5 sets of dishes to clean up; it was so speedy. After lunch everyone else at our house took a nap, so we headed over to Nate's brother's house to play some games and eat some pies. Some of the adults played pick up sticks. That's right, the adults, not the kids. We also played Beatles Rockband and Canasta and Apples to Apples. Oh what fun.


And here's one last look at big fat me. I know it's not the greatest shot, but Nate wasn't being very helpful when it came to picture taking. His exact comment was, "This is dumb." Next time pictures are posted I will be approximately one baby lighter. And because this is the only thing that is currently buoying up my self esteem, I'm going to share with you all that those are NOT maternity pants. That's right—I'm still wearing my regular jeans. Way to go me.


I'm scheduled to be induced on Sunday—barring some miracle where I actually go into labor on my own between now and then. Stay posted for some pictures this weekend of our new baby girl!

2 comments:

Dan/Kealy said...

Yay for almost having your baby! That's awesome! And I don't know how you're still wearing regular jeans-I've been wearing maternity pants for a while now, and I'm not even in my third trimester yet.

Hiatt Family said...

The tutu turned out really cute! Colin is a handsome boy. We too take pictures at the mall. It's all good! And yes, someday he will figure out that you can't put money in them and you will do your best to avoid those contraptions because of the scene that will happen when you walk by and say "no." Parenting is fun. You do NOT look 9 months pregnant. Good for you! Baby number 2 should be a breeze for you! Can't wait to see pictures! You tell nate to post them IMMEDIATELY for your family in Iowa! Good luck! You'll be in our prayers!