05 November 2009

best parent ever

Colin got his first (but certainly not last) black eye on Monday. Tia and I were at a scrapbook sale at the school district, and Colin came with us. He was pretty good, running around but not destroying anything. Then he ran full speed into a table that was at eye level, bounced off, and crashed on the floor. He was not pleased. It took a few seconds before we could tell where he hit, and then the bruise around his eye blossomed. We left right after that. Good times.

Here are the pictures I took to document the event.

Monday
In this picture you can also see the bruise on his ear from where he ran his head into the bed the night before. Unfortunately you can't see the remnant of the cut under his chin from when he crashed into a computer monitor a week or two ago. That would have really made this shot great.


Tuesday


Wednesday
Probably the best day for his eye. The bruise was good and dark.


Thursday
It looks much better today, no?


I'm thinking of using these pictures in my campaign for Mother of the Year.

6 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Definitely all boy going full blast. I feel bad that it happened on my watch but, he has superhero powers of quickness! Thankfully it happened after he'd been to the dr. and long enough before holiday that it can heal.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Poor kid, he is definitely a boy. Donovan has an awesome burn on his arm from grabbing cookies off a hot cookie sheet before I could stop him! I was 5 feet away and couldn't stop it, those Silvey boys are way too fast.

Hiatt Family said...

Awesome. Boys will be boys and accidents will happen. Brush it off Kirsta mommy!

Diana Dye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana Dye said...

That's what you get for scrapbooking.

Genealogy Dad said...

This current crop of Silvey boys are definitely crash test proto types! No dummies in this family.

Just added to Santa's list helmuts and safety googles for all of them.