23 June 2009

fathers day, etc

Colin is learning to eat with a spoon and fork. I figured it was about time I let him. He does pretty well, but sometimes I'm not as patient as I could be. He gets really excited when it's time to eat. Here are some pictures from his first attempt. 




While hanging out at Granny's house one day we put a beautiful headband on Colin.


Doesn't he make a pretty girl?


We've had some crazy thunderstorms here the past few weeks. Colin loves standing at the back door and watching the rain splash. He also likes playing in the curtains. 


Since my sister is in Fiji for the summer, Colin and I went downstairs and raided her bedroom. We found this huge bear. Colin loves it. He likes to give it hugs and kisses. 



Awww.


And now Fathers Day. Granny made the boys special bow ties out of M&Ms. She was taking a picture at the same time—that's why no one is looking at me. Colin was jealous.


After dinner the boys set up a regulation horseshoe pit and took turns hurling large pieces of metal at each other. Scott was not the best. 


Caleb put up a good fight, but he couldn't keep up either.


Sam probably had the best form, but not the best score.


My awesome husband was the ultimate champion. (At least I assume he was; I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the score.) Looking good baby!


The kids played on the lawn while the dads played horseshoes. 




This is the present all us kids put together for Papa for Fathers Day. There are two versions on here because that's how I printed it and I didn't want to re-export a new image. Deal with it.


And here is Colin this morning. He drools a lot.


I tried to get a video of Colin walking to show how good he's getting, but he didn't feel like cooperating. Just know that he really is awesome. He spent all 3 hours of church doing laps in the halls. Yay for Colin!

6 comments:

Aunt Gina said...

Colin is multi-talented! He can eat w/his left hand or his right! Such a cutie. Great idea for the bow ties...
Does Scott do the hula hoop good? Ha! The "grandpa" letters is a great idea too!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I loved the letter idea, it turned out way cute, props to you for finding it and putting it all together! I will believe Colin can walk when I see it, hopefully that will be next week. The pictures of Colin and the bear are adorable, Donovan loves oversized stuffed animals too! They should be friends.

Genealogy Dad said...

Thanks Kirsta and others that pitched in on the father's day stuff, the "Grandpa" thingy was cute!

Silvey Mothership said...

I can tell ya, Colin even likes to run! He's getting so good at it. Father's day was fun! I love the picture of colin looking out the window. I'm thinking it might stay warm long enough to fill the pool - Yay!

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

I love your present to Sam that is such a great idea.

Caleb said...

For the record, I scored the most points in horseshoes. Nate was still a winner because we were on the same team.