07 June 2009

Boo yah! I'm an athlete!

So, not to brag or anything, but I totally dominated the Art City Days Family Fun Run 5K yesterday. Yeah, I walked it, but what of it? I finished, and that's what I set out to do. My time was 53 minutes. I nailed it. And I totally wasted my slowpoke friends who came in like 30 seconds behind me. We had a great time visiting and getting some exercise, and afterward we came back to my house and had a delicious fattening breakfast. I didn't find out until later that we missed the giveaways after the race. Apparently Nestle gives away a ridiculous amount of awesome prizes, and we left before any of that started. Oh well. Maybe next year. Here are some pictures of Colin's first 5K.

Here we are just before the start of the race. Bekah's children are being neglected off on the left side. Stacey is taking the picture.



Since we were kind of toward the back of the pack we had a nice view of everyone going up the hill. This was the best picture I could get without stopping.


There are my cute friends; Stacey kindly pushing my cute baby.


Colin was a champ the whole time. He didn't fuss or whine. He just laughed, and kicked his feet, and tried to talk to the other people. 


Winner!


Here we are after the race. Some of the children were overly ready to be done, but not mine! (Because he was a champ, remember?)


Earlier in the week Colin and I went over to Bekah's house to play. The sun peeked out from behind the clouds for a few minutes, so we pulled out Kaitlynn's new slip 'n slide. Kaitlynn and Colin were all about it, but Jack was a little wary. I hadn't brought Colin's swim stuff (because the weather didn't look like it was going to cooperate) so he had to just hang out in a swim diaper.



It was cute to watch Colin and Kaitlynn play together. She's really nice to him.




Colin was content to sit and splash in the sprinklers. He was so chill it was kind of unnerving.



Kaitlynn loved her present. She ran and ran and ran and ran...



Jack preferred to sit with his mom and observe.



Adorable.



Jack did find an apple and happily pranced around with it for the rest of the afternoon.



The other day I was eating a snack while Colin was taking a nap. He woke up before I was ready for him, and I forgot to move my bowl of ranch dressing. Colin snatched it up and devoured it. Apparently he likes ranch dressing. I can't blame him; it was the good stuff from BYU. I tried to take the bowl away from him, and he would have none of it.



He was completely unrepentant.




Colin wanted to send some kisses to his Granny who is still far far away in Iowa with her other grandchildren. He misses her. Thankfully she'll be home this week!

Here's a video from when Colin played with his cousins in the pool a while ago. I forgot to post it back when it was relevant. 


That's all for now. Hopefully Colin and I will make it out to the funtivities at Art City Days this week and will have fun things to share in our next post.

6 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

He is such a cutie, we can't wait to see and play with him again! I wish I had friends who would do 5K's with me...or that they had 5K's on Saturdays instead of Sundays out here. Oh well, I guess we will just have to move back sometime soon!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

P.S.-sometimes I wish I could eat a bowl of ranch too.

Aunt Gina said...

I am impressed! Great way to stay fit even while pregnant! I love the video of Colin kissing - so cute! The ranch dressing pics are keepers too...what a kid!

Hannah said...

I miss you and Colin and Nate's face. The End.

Hiatt Family said...

Well, champions, way to go on the 5K! I'm super impressed. I totally would have gone with you. And hey, what's with all the comments about not having friends? Did you pay those people to take pictures with you? I think not! Colin is a cutie. i want to kiss his face.

Silvey Mothership said...

Cute pictures, fun activities! I love the kisses from Colin. I am really happy he didn't forget me while I was gone.