05 December 2008

Recipe Friday

crepes with cream cheese filling

This is actually a conglomerate of several recipes I found online. I had never made crepes before, so I had no idea what I was looking for. They turned out really good. I was pretty proud of myself.

Crepe Batter
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
2 tbl water
4 tbl flour
1/8 tsp salt

Whisk ingredients together. Heat and grease the pan, pour in a few tablespoons of batter, swirl around to just cover the bottom of the pan (you don't want them too thick is my understanding). In a minute or two flip it over. Wait another minute and you're done!


Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 c cool whip
1 1/4 c confectioners sugar

Sometimes I also add 1/2 tsp vanilla or some cinnamon or both. I really just make it up as I go.

Optional Toppings:
I put some frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries on the stove with a little sugar, water, and cornstarch to make a sauce. It was delicious. My family also enjoyed whipped cream and chocolate syrup too.

Fill crepes with cream cheese filling, roll up, top with extra cool whip or what-have-you, and enjoy!

No comments: