06 July 2015

Colin's birthday and stuff

Also, how cute is this little cheeser?


Heather asked me to make some mad libs for the guests at her wedding to fill out instead of signing a wedding book. Here is my first draft. (I have since improved it.) I asked Nate to help me out and fill in the blanks so I could tell if it was working or not. He was annoyed with me, because I turned off his show and demanded that he participate. But I think his annoyance provided some great answers.



My favorite part (the part where we both started crying because we were laughing so hard) was at the end when the two stupid crap bags got married. It's still funny.

Colin already had a friend birthday party in May before school was out. I told him that he could have his family over for cake and ice cream on his actual birthday. Unbeknownst to me, Heather and Colin conspired to have a water birthday party together on his birthday. So I was obligated to oblige. Nana provided some squirt guns, and Ethan provided some water balloons. The kids of all ages enjoyed themselves. I did not get wet. I had other stuff to do.





Someone's lame mom forgot to go buy a number 7 candle, so she stuck a 4 and a 3 on instead. That adds up to 7, so it's all good, right?


Colin picked out a lemon flavored cake and store-bought vanilla, bright yellow icing with sprinkles. He was happy. No one ate the cake that night. We also had ice cream cones and leftover birthday doughnuts and leftover pineapple upside-down cake. There was plenty of sugary goodness to go around.


Colin also invited his good friend Tracy to his party. She remembered his love of Tictacs and gifted him two packs of them.


Colin got a scooter (his only wish) from his uncles and aunt. Hannah abruptly decided she didn't want to be in the pictures.


He also received some clothes and a helmet. He was one happy kid.



Since his birthday he has spent almost every waking moment outside with his helmet and bike or scooter.

No comments: