Another 4th, another parade, another Nate no show. But that's okay. It's more fun when Grumpy Gus doesn't come. We watched the parade (and pre-parade) with the Hiatts, Hannah, Granny, and Papa. There was some cloud cover at first, and then it got hot hot hot. We ate donuts and snacks and had a grand ol' time. And our parking spot was only 3 blocks from where we sat. Not too shabby!
Grand Marshal LaVell Edwards.
Some famous quarterbacks who came to the parade to support and honor LaVell. I cheered for Brandon Doman, because I knew who he was. I think Steve Young might have been there too.
Gray got super excited to see a trolley. He said it was just like Daniel Tiger!
It makes me so happy that my kids love Star Wars. Which is pretty impressive, especially when you consider that they haven't actually seen any of the movies. I'm just a remarkable parent, I guess.
Nate brought home 5 dozen eggs from his camping trip that needed to be used up. He asked me to make an angel food cake, so I tried. It wasn't the best, but it tasted good. I don't like making these fancy things that I have never attempted before and that his mother and Granny are the best at. Too much pressure.



No comments:
Post a Comment