27 June 2011

june 18th - june 27th

That's as creative a title as I have energy for right now. Here's what we've been up to lately.

Colin loves his workman hat. Apparently Kate does too.




She is making the funniest faces these days. I rarely capture them on the camera, so you'll have to come see them in person. But trust me, she's a hoot.


Colin turns everything into a sword. I usually try to limit his swords to soft items, because he hasn't mastered the "don't swing that near any people" rule yet. Check out his skills. (I believe he was being Prince Phillip here.)




Our pool bit the dust. I'm trying to convince Nate to let me buy another one. (I promise I'll take better care of it this time!) Colin took his tools out to fix the pool. He just hammered away out there for most of the afternoon. Mary and Kate joined him after a while.


DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae dropped by and visited for a little while last week. Donovan wanted to be a chef and make some food for his mom. What a sweet boy. My kids were only concerned with making food for themselves.


Playing in the yard with Uncle Ethan. Chasing a jump rope is fun!


Cousin Mason joined us for a sleepover when he arrived (sans the rest of his family) Thursday night. Mason ended up having to sleep in the living room because Colin and Kate wouldn't let him go to sleep. They kept yelling and wanting his attention. After about an hour I went in and asked Mason if he wanted me to move his bed. He said, "Yes. This room is annoying me." Ha. Sorry, buddy. The boys played well together on Friday while we waited for Granny to come home from girls' camp. (Mason stayed the rest of the time at her house.) Mason and Colin played super hero/super villain. Mason told Colin what to do, and most of the time Colin did as he was told. When Colin didn't do as he was told, Mason made sure to inform me about it. Ha. Kate just ran around after them, yelling and feeling like she was part of the game.


Colin's super hero outfit cracks me up. Those are Mr. Potato Head glasses.


Notice the diaper? Yeah, we're going the cloth route. So far, so good. It's more work, but since it will save us money (especially once the baby gets here) I'm good with it. It's far less disgusting than I imagined. And I think she looks pretty darn cute in those little colored diapers.


Saturday morning Nate went out to mow the lawn. Colin refused to be left out. He loves mowing/weedwhacking/tillering/etc. He ran right out in his Woody pajamas and got his truck (mower) out to help.



When Nate made french fries on Sunday afternoon, Colin wanted to help. (Surprise surprise.) What actually did surprise me was that he insisted on wearing an apron and chef hat.



He took out his pretend pizza cutter and tried to help cut the potatoes.


Today I tried to meet up with Granny, Brad, DeAnna, and all the cousins at the splash pad. I had a crazy crazy crazy morning, but I tossed Colin in the car and drove to Spanish Fork. When we got there we discovered that everyone else was at the splash pad in Highland. Oops. My bad. Since we were there Colin and I went ahead and played for a while. (And when I say "Colin and I" what I mean is "Colin.") We had a great time until Colin started running and slipped and fell. He scraped his arm and bonked his head and bloodied my shirt, but he was all right.



Also, I have a new niece! Brooklyn Opal Silvey was born on Saturday evening, but I have yet to see more than one picture of her, and that's pretty much all I know about her. I also had 3 other friends have babies last week. It made me a little sad that I have to wait another 7-8 weeks for my baby to come. Pregnancy is starting to be a drag.

2 comments:

Diana Dye said...

I hate feeling like the last preggo person. It's never really the case (there are always people after you) but you stop paying attention once you have your own.

And I like Colin's blanket sword. Sarah has yet to master the "don't put your foot on the baby" rule. I think we're just a few more timeouts away from her getting it.

Silvey Mothership said...

Good update. Thanks for helping out with Mason. Our family fun has just begun.....keep taking pictures!