14 June 2011

first of june

Some fun from June.

Kate loves to put clothes/shoes/bows on and off. I left her alone for a minute and came back to her trying on 4 pairs of Colin's underwear at the same time. But by the time I had grabbed the camera she had moved on to shorts and pajama pants.



I made spaghetti for dinner. Kate decided she was done eating. She threw her bowl across the kitchen and onto the stairs (somehow—still not sure how). I spent like 30 minutes cleaning all the splatters of sauce and meat off of the carpet on the stairs.


On the 3rd it was finally warm enough to go outside and play in the sprinklers! (It was actually not that warm, but I was desperate for entertainment. Colin was super pumped about using his present from Granny and Papa. Kate was indifferent/mildly entertained.



Trying to take a drink. Ha.


Kate loves to play in this comforter. She decided to share with Colin and Dad one afternoon. The three of them laughed and giggled like this was the most fun they'd had in years.




Kate gets really lonely when she's awake and Colin is still asleep. If the door is cracked open even a little, she'll run in there and call to him and get right in his face until he wakes up to play with her. She's so cute when she says his name. It comes out Coll. On this particular day she sat near his head and patted it nicely while calling to him. "Up? Up? Coll?" It was very sweet and hilarious.


We got some more of the garden planted, and it looks like most of the plants are surviving. I went to the doctor and failed my glucose test. I have to take the 3 hour version in the next week or so. Bleh. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit. I had to do the long version with Colin, but I passed the first time with Kate. I believe there is no more news for this week.

3 comments:

Diana Dye said...

Can I tell you how much I love the picture of Kate with a leg in each pair of pants? A lot.

And why do we buy toys when it's blankets and food they end up playing with anyway?

Steve and Stace said...

I failed my glucose test too the first time...but I have a sneaking suspicion that they gave me the wrong dose because my count was extremely high as was another girl who took it that same day. Good luck with the 3 hour one - at least it's not the week before Christmas! I was dying with all the goodies surrounding me!

Silvey Mothership said...

Shoot, thought I had already commented on this entry. Clearly not. Glad the kids like the water works fun. I'm especially glad it has decided to be warmer! I'm ok not turning on the air conditioner just yet. Good luck with your yucky test.