27 September 2009

wah wah boo

Wah wah boo is the sound Colin makes for a baby. It also pretty accurately describes this picture. This is one of those times when I was trying to take a picture of Colin and he saw the camera too soon. He gets really upset when I won't share it with him. Anyway, I put shorts and a fleece pullover on over his pajamas and thought it was funny.


I've been trying to sort through Colin's clothes to see what's too small and what he has to wear this winter and what goes back to which cousin. Colin has been very helpful with that project.


He is such a good helper!


This is quickly becoming the toothbrush chair. Every time I hand him the brush for his turn he climbs right up and gets comfy.


Colin was listening to music, wedged in the corner next to the penguin, which was adorable, but as soon as I pulled out the camera he had to move.


He's such a big boy. He thinks he can go down the stairs without turning around. It's not a good thing yet. It's still a little too dangerous methinks.


Here's another view. Such handsome boys.


Nate was confused when I asked him to bring the camera in and take a picture of Colin in the bath.


I guess he didn't realize just how adorable a clean naked baby sitting in the tub is.


This morning before church we hung out in Colin's room. I actually got a picture before he charged the camera.


He enjoys wearing the bins on his head (probably a little too much).


Nate and Colin wrestled on the floor. I think they were pretending to sleep at one point. Nate has been trying to get Colin to give "bear hugs." A bear hug consists of giving a big hug and saying "grrr." Colin's got the hug part down, but he doesn't always say the word.


Colin is hilarious when music plays, but I never seem to be able to catch it on film. His dance moves are getting more and more complex. And he feels like he needs to stop and dance whenever he hears music. I was at Old Navy with my mom and Colin was pushing the cart for us. He stopped to dance about every 4 feet. It was cute. He'll also dance when he wants me to turn on the music. I like him.


I got to have a girls' night with two of my dearest friends, Bekah and Stacey, on Friday after the kids were asleep. I taught them how to play Canasta. Bekah's husband played with us too. He seemed to really enjoy girls' night. The only problem was that we talked for too long and I was whiney and tired the next day. That's how I get when I don't get my full 10 hours of sleep a night... :)

My niece Rachel was baptized on Saturday, but I don't have any pictures of that. Hopefully her parents will post some so her other cousins can see. It was a special event, and we're glad we could go. I got to give the talk on baptism, which was a new experience for me. I've never spoken at a baptism before (that I recall). I flubbed and blubbered my way through, not really breaking down until the very end. I don't know if anything I said was intelligible, but I tried my best to make some sense.

I also taught Nate how to play Canasta this morning, and wonder of wonders he actually played with me! Two entire hands! It was fun, and I won. He did surprisingly well for a first timer. We had to go to church after that, and when we got home he read through the rules and decided that he didn't want to play with me anymore because I taught him the wrong way. Apparently DeAnna's rules (the way I play) differ slightly from the rules that came with my cards. So to him I said, "Wah wah boo."

I think that about wraps up our week. I go to the doctor again next week, so I'll have more baby news to share then.

5 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

My way of playing is way more fun. Sometimes when I'm teaching someone to play I will forget something, so I make it up. It usually works out. Colin is an awesome dancer. He needs to come out and play with us. Mason and Donovan like to dance when they play music before soccer games and it's pretty darn cute. It is going to be so much fun next year when they are all over 2, they are going to have a blast together!

Silvey Mothership said...

Fun post! I wish I had pictures of Rachels big day too. Oh well, we will eventually see them- I think. Colin is a fantastic dancer and his smile is still so charming!

Diana Dye said...

I love the toothbrush chair. Think of how much better and longer we'd all brush our teeth if we sat in a recliner to do it. And I too love bathtub pictures. He is such a handsome boy!

Hannah said...

What happened to Nate's long socks? Also, was he wearing man-capri's? Or was it the angle of the camera that made them look that way? COLIN is CUTE! I just watched the Thriller video...pretty funny stuff! Can't wait to play with him in the near future...and you...and the little baby huzzah!

Kirsta Silvey said...

I broke Nate of his long socks habit like a year ago. (Thankfully!) And those are just regular shorts. They probably look longer because of the way he was bending to help Colin.