09 August 2009

los gatos están muriendo en la calle

My brother Grant is a Marine, and he left on Sunday for San Diego. He will be training there for about 3 months before he goes overseas to Afghanistan. We took a picture of him and Colin together so we could prove to Colin later that he did like Grant once upon a time. (Just in case he forgets in the next year.) Aren't they so cute and matchy in their green shirts?


Colin really likes this old Begera stuffed animal that used to belong to my brother Seth. He tickles his face with the tail and wrestles with it on the floor. He also likes to carry it around with him.


The other day he was dragging it over his shoulder all around the house. Naturally his CareBear was in his other hand.


Colin looked so cute one day that I couldn't resist taking pictures of him. He was very smiley and cooperative. He even almost sat still for a couple of them.



He might have been talking to me in this one. Or maybe he was about to eat that Mr. Potato Head piece.


He's such a cheeser!



Colin fell asleep with his bum right up against the crib railing, but then I peeked in at him and found him like this.


One of Colin's new favorite games is crawling up on the big bed in his room. He's getting really good at doing it all by himself.


He doesn't really look it in this picture, but he's quite proud of himself when he makes it up there.


Here's a video of Colin being a naughty little monkey. I kept trying to put obstacles in his way so he couldn't get into the stuff on my nightstand, but he kept figuring out ways to get there. You'll notice he shakes his head at the beginning because he knows he's not supposed to be doing what he's doing. But then he just does it anyway.


I went to the doctor this week for my monthly checkup and everything is going well. The baby seems to be growing fine, and I am also growing fine. I have to take the dreaded glucose test when I go in next month, and I really hope I pass this time. Last time I had to take the 3 hour one too, and it about killed me. Not much new has happened this week. Nate's moved some of the dirt from the driveway to the flower beds around the house. Colin and I have played at home most days. Nate went to work most days. We (finally) bought Colin a highchair. I bought some tulle so I can try my hand at making tutus. Wish me luck on that one.

3 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

He is a cute and amazing child. Yes, I know that shaking no of the head well and his determination to go ahead and do whatever he's after anyway. The pictures are all so cute!

Hiatt Family said...

After looking at all the pictures and watching the naughty video I found myself craving a Colin hug. YOU know the kind, where he grabs the tiny hairs and just pulls you in...yeah...I want one of those. He's just so dang cute!

Aunt Gina said...

I like the way he got into the laundry basket - cracks me UP!!! He does have an adorable face...little stinker!