23 August 2009

i have no idea what to name this post

It's amazing how many more pictures I take when I keep the camera in my pocket. This week really wasn't too eventful, but I do have a lot of pictures to post. Colin and I went to the park one day with some families from the ward. The Relief Society put together a Park Group so that mothers with young children who aren't in school can get together and let the kids play. It was fun, and Colin didn't hurt any of the other children, which was a relief. Sometimes he can be a little too affectionate with his friends Wesley and Benjamin. I don't have any pictures from Park Day.

I got the pool out again, and Colin had fun splashing around in there a couple of afternoons this week. I cleaned my bedroom up and made room for my scrapbooking/crafting stuff. Now when Colin naps I have access to the projects that I keep telling myself I'm going to work on. Time will tell if I actually accomplish anything or not.

When Colin gets up in the morning and from his naps he likes to bring a "friend" with him out of his crib. (Lenna called Mason's stuffed animals his "friends" and I guess I picked that up. Nate teases me about it. Colin has yet to form an opinion about it.) This is his Frogosaur.


He kept getting really excited and showing it to me.


We had some corn on the cob for dinner one night, and we gave Colin some. Nate didn't think he would know what to do with it, but Colin proved him wrong and went to town on that cob.


He was very pleased with himself.


Colin is getting very good at pointing out his various body parts. He likes to point to his (and other people's) eyes, nose, mouth, ears, etc. He also likes putting on and taking off his sunglasses now that he's figured out where they go.




I peeked at Colin during his nap one day to make sure he was asleep, and this is what I found. I had to walk across the room to the crib to even tell that he was inside there. Don't worry, after I took a picture I did uncover his head.


Every morning we start out with all of Colin's toys neatly put away in their bins. This is what it looks like at the end of the day. First he empties out the bins, then he throws all the bins on the floor.


Nate loves this outfit. No, he doesn't. But Colin was pulling at his diaper when I left him sans clothing, and it was almost time for bed, and I didn't want to deal with clothes, so I just put him in the first thing I pulled out of the drawer. I almost just spelled drawer droor. Pathetic. Anyway, Colin liked the turtle, and he liked to point it out for me.


I decided to create a little more work for myself and let Colin help me clean out and fill the pool. He was so funny shaking the hose and splashing himself. I think he might have enjoyed that part more than actually playing in the pool.


He also liked trying to get a drink.


And here are the pool pictures. There are a lot. I will try to keep my commentary to a minimum.


Yes, that is my foot.



I was splashing him in this picture too, hence the funny face.



He loved playing with this bucket. I brought it so I could carry the rest of his toys in it, but of course he preferred it to the rest of his toys. He kept putting it on his head, and then he would fill it with water and try to drink it, but it would pour out in front of his face before he could get it to his mouth.


After the pool I took Colin inside so I could lotion him up and get him dressed. Before I could even get his diaper on he took off and climbed up on the bed and started dancing. Now, normally I don't allow him to stand up on the bed, or to be naked on the bed, but he was so proud of his little naked self, and he was so happy that I just laughed and took some pictures.




One of Colin's favorite things is to read books. Sometimes he'll sit and look at them quietly on his own, but usually he brings me a book and wants to sit on my lap and turn the pages.


Colin loves to play with his uncles. This is him pulling Uncle Seth's hair.


When he was done torturing Seth he did give him a nice hug.


BumbleLion has become a favorite toy. He is often requested after Colin's naps. Colin likes to carry him around by the tail, which is what his dad did as a child. (Colin doesn't hit with BumbleLion yet, which is what his dad did.)


It makes me laugh to watch Colin try to carry these huge teddy bears we have that are bigger than he is.


My sister Heather returned home this week after spending the entire summer doing humanitarian work in Fiji. Her friends decorated her room and bought her balloons, which she then shared with Colin. He played with them while I got his lunch ready.



I don't know what he's looking at either.


He really does love his stuffed animal friends. Can you tell?


This morning Nate and I went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple dedication. It was a really sweet experience. I've been to several temple dedications before, but not since we've been married. I liked it even more now that I have a greater understanding about temples and families. I think we might even name our little girl Oquirrh in honor of the temple. It's such a pretty name.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Look Mom...I'm commenting! Those naked pictures made me laugh to myself. He's such a cute kid...I can't even imagine how cute your daughter is going to be! Yahoo for pool time...I miss going to the pool. It's been cooler here and the pool hasn't been a must! Miss your face! I wanna see your belly!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I think the censored pics are my favorite. He is so stinkin' adorable! Donovan would have a blast with that hose. He loves to get wet. I have already decided that we will be playing outside in puddles during our next rainstorm that doesn't come with thunder and lightning.

Silvey Mothership said...

I love all the pictures. I think it's funny that Colin has taken a liking to Bumblelion. Pool is always fun and as usual Colin is an adorable "ham". Thanks Hannah for commenting. Kirsta and I appreciate it!!!

Hiatt Family said...

Sorry Kirsta! I totally thought I had posted a comment! Well, your boy is just as cute as always. I love that he loves his friends and that you call them his friends. My favorite pictures are the pool pictures. He looks like he is having so much fun. the censored pictures made me laugh SO hard. Scott had to come in and check on me to see what was so funny. Colin is growing up so fast. I think he'll be ready for the big brother role in about 26 weeks or so!