Colin had a lot of fun playing with his crib mattress when it was on the floor earlier this week. We took it out so we could lower the bottom of the crib since he was pulling himself up and hanging over the edge.
On Monday night we went over to Caleb and Heather's for FHE.
When I fixed Sara's red eyes, it kind of grayed them out, so now she looks like a robot.
The kids and Granny had fun playing on the floor with toys.
Rachel is so grown up these days, wearing her fancy skirt and dangly earrings, and texting her boyfriend on her cell phone. :)
Bryant gave the lesson on baby Moses. (There's a baby in the basket he's holding up.) Good job, Bry!
We had hot chocolate for a treat. Well, everyone else had hot chocolate for a treat. As soon as I went for mine, Colin did too and knocked the huge mug over. This picture doesn't quite do the mess justice. My leg was soaked all the way around to my bum, my shirt was soaked, Colin's legs were covered, and the table and floor were drenched. Thankfully Heather let me borrow a pair a pj pants and a shirt so I didn't have to remain in my chocolaty clothes.
Colin wondered how pants taste, so he pulled himself up to the clothes basket to find out.
I really liked this picture. He kind of looks like a blue-western-bib-lion coming after me to eat me.
Colin's always enjoyed playing with the vents, but he likes it even more when the warm air comes out. He'll sit and play with them for quite a while.
I put him in the laundry basket with a blanket, and he snuggled right in and enjoyed being pushed around his room.
Awww. A boy and his dragon.
I was trying to get a cute picture of Colin in his other UTEP onesie to send to Hannah, but this is the best I got. Between the crazy eyes, the buckteeth, and the huge open mouth, he looked pretty deranged in all of the pictures.
On Saturday night Caleb and Heather's kids slept over while the parents went to dinner and the Jazz game. After her bath Li'l Miss Sara had fun going through her Kung Fu poses. Here she is doing Attack of the Monkey Fist.
When I started taking pictures of Sara, the other two girls decided they wanted in. Rachel told me, "This one will be cute."
Awww. Sisters.
For dessert we had a fruit pizza. I made the crust and frosting and let the girls go crazy putting on the toppings. They made a beautiful pizza and it was delicious to eat! Yum!
Speaking of fruit pizza, here is our Recipe Friday recipe.
1 tube sugar cookie dough
8 oz cream cheese
1 jar marshmallow creme
cut up fruit of choice, we used kiwis, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries because that's what I had at home
Press cookie dough into bottom of a pan (I used a pan that was like half the size of a cookie sheet. I don't know the technical term for it. I suppose you could double the recipe and put it in a regular size cookie sheet.). Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until it is cooked. Cool completely. Mix cream cheese with marshmallow creme. Spread over cookie crust. Top with fruit. Eat.
After dessert the big kids had some popcorn and watched a movie. Then it was off to bed...
...except for Li'l Miss Sara, who decided she just wanted a short nap and then to get up and play with me and Nate.
Who could refuse this face? So she stayed up with us until Caleb and Heather got home and then went to sleep in her own bed.
And last but not least we have a short hello from the Utah Cousins to the Iowa Cousins.
I know it sounds like I was forcing them at gunpoint to recite this, but I really wasn't. They told me what they wanted to say, and then they said it for the camera in their hostage video voices.

5 comments:
Haha I flippin' love your blog. Colin is full of so many faces and awesome stories, who couldn't love the kid? I had no idea he had his top two teeth in! They are stinkin' cute! I love the UTEP picture as well...woot! And I'm pretty sure the kids need to give a shout out to me next time ha!
P.S. Sara has mad Kung Fu Panda skills...all I can say is WOW!
Those were some awesome pictures. I have to say that I really enjoyed the video at the end, although it does sound a bit like they were FORCED to say those things. The fruit pizza looks way yummy too. mason would enjoy making something like that I think. I'm glad Colin continues to try your patience and make a mess of things. It makes you love them so much more when they actually behave! See you in 2 weeks or so!!!
I love Colin's top teeth too, they are so cute! The video is hilarious, it does sound a little forced...or did they just rehearse? We are getting so jealous of all the family gatherings. Donovan loves hanging out with Mason, but I'm sure he would have a blast with all of his cousins! Donovan is ready to be the big cousin and pick on Colin. We won't be going out until May, sorry. We were thinking about it, but decided not to leave Hannah alone with Brad.
I couldn't see the video! I guess I'll have to wait for Sam to check out the computer. It's been weird today! Thanks for taking the kids. I know it was more fun there than me trying to keep them away from the sicky Scott here and although I'm so much better we don't want to get anyone sick. I love all the pictures and the pizza was such a yummy fun idea. You are a fun Utah Aunt.(Favorite for the moment I'm sure)
Arley has those same striped PJ's. Lots of fun.
Post a Comment