06 February 2009

colin's bringing sexy back

Yep, just check out that slammin outfit. Colin is working that printed top and sassy red pants. He is so funny to me these days. Now that he can move he is curious about everything in the house. I spend my days following him around and laughing at the things he tries to do.


I put my chair and the exersaucer in front of my desk to barricade Colin from the plugs and cords. That obviously didn't do any good because he crawled right through and got the cords anyway.


Colin tries to pull himself up on anything he can reach up and grab onto. This includes his swing, the bottom drawer on the stove, the laundry basket, the boxes in Nate's office, the buffet cabinet in my bedroom, etc. Oh, and he likes to bite all of those things too.


Here are some pictures from the Cherrios tasting day. I've offered him Cherrios a couple of times since then, and the response has been pretty much the same...except that he now chokes on them when he gets them in his mouth. So Cheerios are now a banned substance.




One chilly morning Colin crawled over to the vent in our bedroom and camped out over it enjoying the warm air. I guess Nate used to do something like this when he was a kid too.


All Colin wanted was to go in and play with his daddy.... Poor naked baby.


Oh yeah, doors are fun to pull on and bite too. My favorite part is when he scares himself by shutting it.


I don't remember why the BYU blanket is on his head, but it was, and it was awesome.


Here's one of Colin's favorite toys. He loves playing with this box. It still has one of the pillows inside, so there's enough weight in it to keep it on the ground for the most part. He pulls himself up and then kind of walks/scoots around behind it while he tries to play with it.



Look Granny and Papa! Colin loves his BumbleLion. It might not look like it so much in this picture, but he does like to play with it now. I think he was chewing on the wings in the back here.


I have nothing to say about this picture. That face speaks for itself.


Adorable Colin wearing Adorable Uncle Grant's hat. Our family got together and had dinner Tuesday night because my cousin Elizabeth was here waiting patiently to be dropped off at the MTC. We had good times playing games and listening to Grant give Elizabeth advice about the Philippines.


I skipped work on Wednesday because I didn't have a ride or a real babysitter or much to do at work that day. Also, I didn't feel like going. When I cleaned the floor I decided to move the furniture and the rug so I could really make things clean. Colin liked having all the empty space to play in and the vacuum hose to play with.



Colin's fauxhawk has reappeared! His hair on top is getting long enough to "style" again.


I guess toys are a lot more fun to play with when you're laying inside the exersaucer. He loves this. He'll crawl through, turn around, and crawl back. Then he'll go half way and play with something. Then he'll toss a toy inside, crawl in after it, and bang away.

4 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

I'm glad Colin is getting good use out of his exersaucer. Who would have thought that it would double as a jungle gym for him. So many cute pictures! Does he still scoot when he crawls or has he figured out how to get up on his knees to do it? Just curious! Can't wait to see him, and you guys too, again!

Silvey Mothership said...

Wow, he is a mover! He is so curious too. He will be emptying your cabinets before you know it! It's fun that he loves the underside of the exersaucer as much as the toys on top. Great pictures!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

All of the pictures are adorable. I love that he is pulling himself up on things now, way to go Colin! Just make sure you don't let him chew on the couch. Donovan chewed a hole in our love seat...we finally got rid of it. It sounds like it's time to baby proof cabinets if you haven't already!

Hannah said...

He's getting so stinkin' big! Next time I see him he just might be walking..weird! All the of the pictures are adorable. His smile makes me smile. He's such a little cheeser! I LOVE IT!