22 October 2008

dr. horrible's sing-along blog

Have any of you ever seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? It's a short film that was made way back during the writers' strike, but I just discovered it a week or so ago. Hilarious. Check it out here. Really, check it out. 

This is a post by the creator Joss Whedon (of Buffy the Vampire fame) explaining a little bit about why he made the movie. It's about a wannabe super villain named Dr. Horrible (Neil Patrick Harris) who is in love with a girl from the Laundromat (Felicia Day). He's also trying to join the Evil League of Evil, run by Bad Horse (the thoroughbred of sin), but he is thwarted by his nemesis Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion). 

When I first saw it I thought it was pretty funny, and Nate liked it okay too. Nothing spectacular, but still good. But now we can't get the songs out of our heads. The songs are definitely the best part. They're good on their own, but watching the movie gives them context and makes them that much better. So when you have 45 minutes to kill, go watch Dr. Horrible try to take over the world. 

Also, the lyrics to the songs can be found here

Have I mentioned that you should go watch it yet? Because you should. Go.

No comments: