22 September 2008
sick sick sick
So, pretty fun day so far. Nate, Colin, and I all have colds. Colin is still pretty happy and chipper most of the time, but Nate and I feel like schmuck. Colin slept really well last night—7 whole hours straight! The only problem was that he fell asleep in our bed at 6:30 pm. I didn't think twice about laying him on our bed because it was only 6:30 and I thought he'd just sleep for 20 minutes and then wake up. Oh no not so. I didn't want to risk waking him up, so he slept in the middle of our bed, and Nate and I tried not to squash him. Since my nose won't stop continuously dripping, I didn't sleep so well. And I kept waking up to make sure Colin wasn't smushed. (He wasn't.) I got up and 12:00 to pump, tried to sleep again, got up at 1:30 to feed Colin, he didn't want to go back to bed he just wanted to smile and coo, took Colin to my mom to let him play with her, tried to sleep again but was awake until about 3:00, got up at 5:00 to pump, tried to go back to sleep but got up to feed Colin at 5:30 instead. Oh, and I blew through about a box of tissues during that time. What a night. But the fun doesn't stop there. Colin and I played for a while, he ate again, and then I had to pump at 8:00. Tia brought the kids over just as I was finishing up. I turned on a show for Kaylee and Bryant, put Colin down for a nap, and jumped in the shower. It's a good thing I showered then, because things were about to get crazy. I was out of the shower and brushing my hair when Kaylee came in to tell me that Bryant felt like he was going to throw up. I followed her to the living room and heard her say, "Oh, he already did." Bry was standing over a puddle of partly digested eggs all over the floor. He looked miserable. I took him to the bathroom so he could finish puking in the toilet, but he chose to puke in the sink instead. And then the last little bit made it to the toilet. Now Bry felt better, so Ethan (bless his heart) helped me mop up all the puke. The best part was scraping the chunks out of the sink. Yum! Next I needed to change Colin's diaper. And Colin needed to pee all over himself. And I do mean all over. So then I needed to give Colin a bath. After that there was just enough time to wash bottles, hand Colin over to Ethan, and pile the kids in the van to take them home. Caleb met us there to watch poor sick Bry. I made it home in time to pump (story of my life!) and get to work. Good times! Have I mentioned yet that I'm sick too? Blah. I'm not looking forward to peaches and a doctor's appointment later today. Except for the part where I get my moles removed. That will be nice. One of my little students today made a comment about how many "freckles" I have all over my neck. Children are so precious! Okay, rant's over. Stay tuned for pictures and maybe even some video later this evening. Unless someone else pukes at my house...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. Sounds like a doozy of a day. Makes my day at the job I dislike sound like a cake walk! Hope you all feel better soon!
P.S. I can't believe your boy slept for 7 hours! That took us MONTHS to get to!
You win! Your day was the worst I've heard in a long time. Hope things get better soon. Thanks to you and Nate with the peaches again. Someday.....they will be done.
I'm so sorry that Bry got sick at your house. You took one for the team. He got home and seemed to be fine for the duration of the day. Go figure.
Post a Comment