I made a Perry the Platypus cake in the morning. It turned out way better than any other cake creation I have tried in the past. Win.
We went to the Utah County Fair to enjoy some togetherness time before the party. There was a giant turtle/tortoise to pet.
And an alligator to admire.
We were just in time to watch a lady feed the alligator with a fishing rod.
My kids love creatures (from a safe distance).
Gray was stoked to see a real life gila monster. He loves them. He wouldn't shut up about it the rest of the day.
A pretty yellow python.
I honestly don't remember. Some giant lizard thing, maybe?
After the scales and tails exhibit it was time for the small animals. Bunnies and chickens of all varieties, and then your basic pigs, goats, sheep, pony, etc.
And some corn hole.
And some animal quizzes.
Next, we rode the train.
And the princess sat in her carriage.
Then we looked at the prize winning entries—quilts, costumes, Legos, photography, paintings, fruits and veggies, etc.
They had some fun stuff for the kids too, another corn hole/bean bag toss game, fishing, face painting, learning about animals and plants. It was fun.
We also watched the scales and tails show—or at least most of it. Jude got bored, so I took him to walk around at the end.
We looked at the 4H animals while we waited.
We saw a lot of pig butts. I might have inadvertently taught Jude to say "pig butts."
If it looks like their faces were painted by an 8-year-old, it's because they were.
Tire, long, baby after a busy morning.
After dinner I set up a laser room obstacle course thing for the kids to go through. They had to press 3 buttons along the walls and then touch Perry to rescue him from the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz. I also hung up some pictures of Dr. Doof for the kids to shoot dart guns at in another room.
I also made the big boys go through it. It was harder for them.
After our game, we ate cake and ice cream and opened presents. It was a good day.
















No comments:
Post a Comment