Not that I've done anything special for leap day. (Except watch the classic holiday movie Leap Dave Williams.) I've been working on some word art projects lately, and here are a few that are finished.
We had Nate's parents and single siblings over for dinner on the 12th. Scott was a good sport and went outside to build a snowman with the kids. Colin called it his "SnowMom" for the rest of the week. And thanks to Aunt Kelli for the cute snowman kit that she gave the kids for Christmas. I'm glad they finally got to use it!
Kate in her snowsuit makes me laugh.
Valentine's Day cookies! I'm going to do this every year. I saw the idea online a couple of years ago. They were called Bitter Sweets.
The kids were in their dungeon lab making poisoned apples to give to the mermaids. I took some video because they were cracking me up with the things they were saying. "Oh, here's some Black of Night. That will be good."
Rachel and Kaylee got to have sleepovers at Granny's house on Presidents Day. They were nice enough to come over and play with my kids for a few minutes. Rachel was the Evil Unicorn, Colin was a prince of some kind, and Kate and Kaylee were princess in beautiful handmade dresses.
Gray just sat on Hannah's lap and chowed down on Rapunzel's mirror.
Awww. He soothed himself to sleep by gnawing on his blanket. Thumper is his Special Crib Friend.
Can you see how Gray hoisted himself up into that bin? He really wanted those blocks. And he's getting so mobile and strong. He can pretty much get to anything he wants these days.
Pirate Kate! Arrgh!
Colin needed a haircut. His hair was a little long for a fauxhawk, so I combed it to the side. He liked it. He also liked saying, "Hey, ladies," when I asked him to pose for a picture.
Kate also thought she needed her picture taken. She was trying to pose like Colin and it was super hilarious.
Scotty was living righteously yesterday and felt the Spirit whisper to him that I was going to lose it and abandon my children, so he offered to come over and play. It really was an answer to a prayer for me. The kids stopped screaming and had fun playing with him outside. I was able to get my head on straight and make dinner. Nate came home to a happy family instead of three screaming children and a mom with Crazy Eyes. Thank you, thank you Scott!
This morning Kenny and Ethan wanted to take a picture of Gray holding a bunch of cash all fanned out. It didn't work so well. Gray just wanted to eat the money.
Joy school was fun this week. We went to storytime at the library, had a magic show, painted with soap bubbles, followed clues to a treasure on a treasure hunt, and made butter, biscuits, and pineapple cupcakes. It was fun, but I'm glad I have a few weeks off before it's my turn again.
Kate is doing well with potty training. She had a hard time the first 2 weeks or so, but now she's learned to go by herself, and she's pretty good at telling me when she needs to go. Also, I don't have to clean up her poop anymore, because she does it in the potty, so that's a bonus.
I guess that's all for now. I'm going to try working on more projects now.













4 comments:
So nice when the potty is independent! Congratulations! So awesome! It's amazing how creative some of the phrases your kiddos come up with. Great imaginations too. You have a talent for subway art. Thanks for sharing it will look so good in the playroom. I like the snow fun and all the random pictures of my favorite Mapleton grandkids!
Woohoo for Kate! I love your creativity and I'm grateful that you share it. I will probably be asking for favors and opinions when I start decorating our house:). I have to say, I am a little jealous that you have people like Scott that come over to play with your kids. Maybe we will have some awesome neighbors that want to keep my kids entertained sometimes! I won't count on it though.
I loved your cookies so much, I pinned them. That's love.
Yay Scott! Good boy :)
Love Colin's "hey Ladies" poses! Gray is really growing, really good pics w/the money anyway! Stay cute Kate!
Post a Comment