My kids are strange. I accept that. But they are also adorable. A favorite pastime of theirs is sneaking into their drawers and putting on the most random clothes before getting caught. Here is Colin sporting a pajama shirt and underwear over his regular shirt and shorts.
Kate chose to go for a more daring ensemble of dress, skirt, and pajama pants on one arm. She's a trend setter.
She's also the cutest dragon I've ever laid eyes on. She runs around in this costume growling. It's hilarious.
We've had a lot of storms this summer, and one evening we had a beautiful rainbow. I asked Nate to come look and appreciate how pretty it was, and you know what? He did. I should have know he would though, given his love of rainbows.
I dare you to tell me that Kate isn't the cutest wet toddler in a pimp hat that you've ever seen.
While some of the Iowa cousins were still in town we went to the industrial park to feed the ducks. Here's Bry really hurling that bread. I wish you could see his other leg, because it was extended in a ninja kick.
I feared for the safety of the little girls, but Lenna kept an eye on them and kept them out of the water.
Attack!
We went to the Bean Museum after this, but I was too exhausted just trying to keep up with the kids to try and take any pictures as well.
Kate was very pleased with herself and her new hairstyle. (She had cute little pigtails in the back. Colin said, "Kate, your hair looks pretty like Addi." Their cousin Addi always has adorable pigtails in her hair.)
My current favorite word that Kate says? Phillip. It comes out more like Pill-up, and it's awesome. She loves to dress up with Colin and follow him everywhere. And when Colin plays Prince Phillip, Kate does too. It makes me laugh that she wants to be him instead of a princess. I guess that time will come soon enough.
Colin loves his legos. He and Kate play with them several times a day. The other day he made a train lawn mower with a crane on top. Ingenious.
This is Colin's interpretation of Prince Phillip. He's wearing his hat and cape and riding his horse, Samson.
It also cracks me up when Kate says "sword." And when Colin says "s-words."
You might think they're playing Prince Phillip again here, but you'd be wrong. Now they are being Big Maleficent and Little Maleficent. They were chasing each other around and around the house with Colin saying, "Come on, Little Maleficent." Since I don't like it when Colin pretends to be the bad guys, he made sure to tell me that they were being good Maleficents. (He also likes to be Good Jafar and Good Scar the Bad Lion.)
That is all.











2 comments:
Sorry, haven't had time to check in on the blogs. Thanks for posting your children with photo proof of their cuteness and creativity with dress-ups and costumes. Very Clever! It was a great blog!
Kate's face w/ her pigtails and blue shirt is the best thing I've seen all day!
Post a Comment