22 April 2011

son of a vondruke

Classic Colin attacking Nate right before bed. I think he was trying to tickle Nate's back.


We really needed to get out of the house last weekend, so we took the kids to the Bean Museum. It's the first time we've been there as a family, and the kids really liked it. Colin kept pointing out Simba and Mufasa and Kate kept mooing at all the antelope-type creatures.


That would be Colin saying "Grrr" to the bears.


That would be Kate not sure how she felt about the bears.



This was their favorite place.


After the museum we wanted to get a treat for the kids, and since we're cheap and indecisive we ended up buying a Push Pop sucker at Reams.


Colin was kind enough to share his Super Special Sucker with his sister. It lasted about 4 days.


Sick kids plus worn-out mom equals watching a show before bed.


We've had a day or two of nice weather. I went to take a picture of the kids playing outside and this is what I found. How did that get there?


I was trying to get a picture of how ridiculously messy Kate's pants were.


Colin is very nurturing with his stuffed animal friends—until he decides to hurl them across the room. I got out Colin's old receiving blankets and wrapped up some babies for the kids to play with. Kate loves babies now, probably because she can say the word. It's cute.





The giraffe, formerly known as Dallin (named after a boy across the street), formerly known as Belle, is now known as Sleeping Beauty, or sometimes just My Princess. She has her very own special blanket and sleeps with Colin every night.


These last few pictures are just from playing inside while it rained outside. Colin wouldn't look at me and smile.


This is the face I got when I asked Kate for a smile.


Kate still likes to take clothes and shoes on and off. She'll grab random clothes from Colin's drawer and put them on her legs. It's pretty hilarious when I find her wearing one of his shirts and a pair of underpants on her legs. On this occasion she insisted on putting on several different things, and eventually I just let her. And this isn't even the most ridiculous she looked during the course of the day. There were also bows and socks involved.


2 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

funny, creative kids. The Bean Museum was a great idea!I especially loved Kate's expression by the bears. Hopefully we'll have more sun, less rain this week. I'm ready for the sun to come and stay.

Andrea Grover said...

I may have to steal your chalk art idea.