24 April 2011

easter, etc

Just before Easter, we got a package in the mail from The Children's Place. Inside were a couple of shirts for Kate and a $2 hat for Colin. He was very excited. He called it his "workman hat" and asked if he could go outside to work. I said sure.



On Saturday we had a neighborhood Easter breakfast and egg hunt. It wasn't as bitterly cold as it was last year, which was nice. The kids had fun seeing some of their friends, and I had fun letting them be watched by someone other than me for a few minutes.

Kate met some new neighbor girls who are her same age. She pointed at them and called them babies.


Everyone getting lined up for The Great Egg Hunt in the bishop's backyard.


It took quite a bit of convincing to get Kate to pick up more than one egg, and to put her eggs in her classy basket. (I forgot the baskets.)


Colin scored some candy that wasn't even hidden inside eggs. (And he borrowed Mary's pretty basket.)


Kate picking up some chocolate for Mama.


The best I could get when I told him to look at me and say cheese.


Mary didn't want to look at me and say cheese either.


After the breakfast and candy we took the kids home, Nate fed them lunch, and I went to a sweet brunch with some Relief Society ladies. It was my 3rd breakfast of the day. I'm not ashamed to admit that. When the kids woke up from their naps we packed them up and took them to Caleb's house for another egg hunt.

We also decorated some eggs. Those are my cute nieces, cute sister-in-law, and cute brother-in-law-arm.


Kaylee was super excited to decorate eggs!


This is what I got when I asked Colin to show me what he was doing.


And this is what Kate did instead of decorating eggs. I'm grateful for it too, because imagine the mess she would have made if she had participated!


This is Nate trying to look more British as he posed with his eggs. (See this video for explanation of the British thing.)


Colin was intrigued by the whole "color the eggs" thing.


Since it was rainy and yucky Saturday afternoon we "hid" eggs inside the house. Here are the childrens coming downstairs.


Caleb's kids inspecting their loot. The consensus: not too shabby.


And here we have Easter morning. I had Nate take some pictures before church since I knew the kids wouldn't look as nice by the time we got home. I was right. I was standing behind Nate trying to make the kids smile. Together we make a decent photography team. Also, together we make some pretty stunning children. I mean really, how adorable are those two? They are both really, really ridiculously good-looking.




After church and naps we headed back to Caleb's for Fancy Easter Dinner 2011. It was delicious. I took my camera but forgot to take pictures.

3 comments:

Silvey Mothership said...

Very fun stuff. The kids picture on the couch are adorable! Thanks for helping make our Easter dinner yummy, filling and delicious!

Hiatt Family said...

Your kids are dang cute. We could use your photography team to get pictures of our three demons. Even two of them together is a joke. Well...basically any pictures with Addi are difficult. Ha. Hannah and I just watched the video about how to be more British and had a good laugh. Nate needs his stiffy (collar) on and a cup of tea, but I think he has the face down.
Easter looks like it was fun!

Aunt Gina said...

Thanks for posting! Colin and Kate clean up real nice! Ha! Looks like great times w/the cousins & friends at Easter.