22 February 2010

milestones

I'm playing around with the new blogger post editor. I'm not sure yet if I'll keep it or not—depends on how this post ends up looking. Nope, won't be keeping it. You can't add videos with it yet. Boo. Here's what has been going on with us this last week.

Kate is getting bigger and bigger. Her clothes are finally starting to fit nicely, which means she'll be too big for them in no time. She's still long and mostly skinny, but it looks like her legs are starting to chub up a big.


She's pretty good at sitting up in her Bumbo (and by sitting up I mean leaning from side to side), but she's not sure she likes it yet.


She does, however, like her swing. Colin likes to push her in it when I let him. I usually string some toys across the bars and push her while I play the piano. I do wish the swing pushed itself, but we'll take what we can get.


Colin loves to talk to Kate. He'll find where she is and get right in her face to say, "Hi Tate! Hi Tate!"


Colin is still a little scared of the vacuum, but he always wants it out. He was helping Nate by holding the hose in the back. (This was after he was done holding Nate's hand for 3/4 of the time they were vacuuming.)


He always has a big smile for the Bad Horse song.


And he always has a big cheeser for the camera.


Look! I can make really big pictures! I made this one bigger to show just how big of a mess Colin made with his oatmeal this morning. That's what I get for leaving him alone with his food. Good one, Mom.


He was trying to give Kate a kiss. She didn't mind too much.


Awww. So cute and almost smiling.


I made this picture bigger just because I can. And because it's the last picture. And because Kate's bow is cute. And because Kate's face is cute. And because my thumb is cute.



DeAnna posted a video of her son, Donovan, saying hello in Chinese. Colin heard me telling Nate about it, and then he had to repeat it the rest of the night...


This is us playing in Colin's room this morning. Colin was actually saying the letter names until I pulled the camera out. Why is it kids won't perform when the camera is out?


We hit a milestone as a family this week: all four of us went to church. Together. On-time. (Almost.) For the entire three-hour block. Yay us!

Also, since Colin has been chewing on his crib again, Nate and I have decided to move him over to the big bed in his room. I put him in there for his nap today, and I think it was successful. (I'll have to go check when I'm done typing. This is a nap time blog post.) I think Colin is ready to sleep in the big bed, but I'm not sure I'm ready to let him. As soon as he sleeps on the bed before I know it he'll be opening doors and running around whatever time of the day or night he wants. Sigh.


He might not have slept on the bed, but at least he slept. I'll take that as a win.

6 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I was worried about Donovan running around at all hours too, but if we tell him to stay in his bed he does a really good job. We do get the occasional 3 am visit. He will walk back to our room and climb in bed with us and I carry him back to his bed when he falls asleep 2 minutes later. It really isn't too bad, but we don't have a baby in our room so I'm sure that would get a little annoying. I love the videos. Nie hao is just a really fun thing to say! Donovan loves to say it, but usually doesn't use it in the right context...oh well! I also love the last picture of Kate, she does have a cute face and her bow is adorable...and you do have a pretty good looking thumb.

Hiatt Family said...

Fun fun. Love your kids faces. And the rest of them too. Sorry this is short, but I hope you do feel validated.

Kersten said...

I remember the transition to big bed, Arley fell asleep many interesting places as well.

Mindy said...

I love that Colin was totally off his bed and Kate's bows are so cute! What beautiful children you have!!!

Katie said...

I cannot believe how stinkin cute your kids are!!

Silvey Mothership said...

What a smart boy you have! Good to see he is still under 2 and makes a good mess! The kids are cute! Hope Colin is feeling better!