21 December 2009

tis the season

for one more blog post before Christmas.

Colin loves the vacuum—as long as it isn't turned on. He's funny like that. He gets so excited when we get the vacuum out, but then he cries and wants to be held when we turn it on.


Colin also likes to lay down and pretend to sleep next to Kate when she's lying on the floor.


Yes, Nate is wearing a plastic stable on his head like a hat. And yes, his eyes are glowing red like He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.


Colin is getting really good at feeding himself with a spoon. He thinks he's so grown up when he scoops his own yogurt out of the cup.


Kate was surrounded by pink cuteness when she took a nap last Monday after her 2 week checkup. (Thanks for the super cute blanket Bekah!)


I really like how her hair looked all fluffy-like when I took her hat off.


I guess Colin likes to lie down and pretend to sleep even when Kate isn't lying on the floor.


What a cute boy. And it's a good thing he's cute with the way he's been behaving the last two days. Grrr.


A neighbor brought over a Christmas present and I let Colin unwrap it. He was excited. (Can't you tell?) It was fun to watch him tear into the wrapping paper, and it's getting me excited to watch him open his gifts on Christmas.


Kate once again sporting Sara Lu-Who's stripe-ed pajamas.


My friend Diana gave me this outfit. Before you mock her poor taste know this: she gave me this outfit because she wanted me to take a picture of it, post the picture on my blog, and then make fun of the outfit for being so ugly because she couldn't do so herself because it was a gift from a family member who reads her blog. This one's for you, Diana.


Not only is the overall presentation heinous, the material is stiff and uncomfy and better suited to an octogenarian than to a baby.


Awww.


Yikes!


Nate has pink eye. It's gross. He took these self portraits on Saturday, and his eye was still this disgusting, if not more so, today. He stayed home from work and went to the doctor again (he also went on Saturday and was given a prescription), got two more prescriptions and a shot in the bum, and tonight it looks like his eye is finally clearing up. He's been pretty miserable the last few days, poor boy. Thankfully he's been careful and the rest of us haven't gotten sick.


Yeah, the bow kind of rotated around her head while she napped. It's a good look on her though, in my opinion.


Diana also lent me this car seat cover and warm fuzzy pink thing. They have been wonderful and have kept Kate cozy in her very few adventures outside of our house.


Colin loves to get right up in Kate's face to give her hugs and kisses. He did this without my asking him to. I was trying to get a picture of just Kate because she was wearing a cute little skirt her aunt gave her. (As I was taking the picture I realized that she was also wearing a onesie with the mittens covering her hands, but it was too late to fix that.)


She doesn't seem to mind too terribly much that he's all over her.


Again, awww. I sure do love these crazy kids.

5 comments:

Diana Dye said...

Man that outfit is uglier than I remembered. And your posting of it was the best Christmas present ever.

Kate is pretty.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Kate is pretty, and that skirt looks cute on her! I really wish I could have found a cute jean skirt, but at least it's comfy. I'm glad Colin loves his sister, it gives me hope that Donovan will love future siblings.

Hiatt Family said...

Oh, never fear...Addi has some jean skirts to pass on! Kate is looking more alert. I can't wait to see her in a month plus a few days! Mason says that Nate's eye is "pink and really gross." I have to agree. I'm sorry that Colin has been "grr" lately. Hope he gets over it soon!

P.S. I usually like gray and pink. However...

THE Silvey said...

Cuteness through and through. I need Kate pictures on my frame! You have some precious ones here. Yup, Kate is still adorable and so is big brother Colin.

Unknown said...

i´m not even supposed to be doing this seeing as how im a missionary and what not, but i still hadn´t seen the new baby yet so its breaking the rules with good reason. plus its easier to ask for forgiveness than permision. new baby looks great! good job nate and kirsta.