14 July 2008

stats

Just a quick update. No pictures. Sorry. 

Colin went to the doctor today for his 2 week checkup. Everything is great, grand, wonderful. Dr Porter said to keep doing whatever we're doing because it's working. That was a comfort to hear. Colin has gained a little weight and shrunk a little in height. The nurse said that he was probably measured wrong at the hospital, but I think it was his giant cone head that made the difference. He is now 8 pounds even, 21 1/2 inches long, and has a head circumference of 14 1/2 inches. That puts him in the 57% for weight, 96% for height, and 71% for head size. He's not going to be able to compete with his huge-headed cousins, that's for sure! (Sorry Mason and Donovan!) I'm sure his head and weight will grow into his height some day. For now I'm thankful that his head was small. I'm sure it helped him come out easier. Nursing continues to be the bane of my existence. Colin and I are still learning how that one works. But he's growing, so he must be getting the food he needs. 

Nate and I are taking Colin over to a friend's house to get some "professional" pictures taken of him today. I think that means that I'll have a bunch of cute pictures to post soon, as well as hand out to those who are interested. And I'll be able to send out the world's cutest birth announcements soon too. They're all ready—just waiting for the perfect picture. Come to think of it, I don't think I have addresses for most of you, so if you would like to receive an announcement (and why wouldn't you?!) leave a comment or send me an email with your address.

That's all folks!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Yahoo for Colin. I'd also be grateful for a small headed baby woot woot! I'm excited for pictures. And stoked to the tee for a baby announcement. I'm excited to see how everything turned out! Yahoo for you and your family!

Hiatt Family said...

I'm glad Colin is growing. I'm sure that was very reassuring news to you as well. It's nice to know that despite the tears attached to nursing and crazy hormones you ARE giving him what he needs. We'll be seeing you all in about a week. I cannot wait! Oh, and the pictures from Maria are beautiful. She did a fabulous job! How much does she charge? maybe I could get her to take some family pictures for us while we're out there???

Mindy said...

Kirsta,
I would love an announcement. I will send you my address. We get to find out what we are having next Tuesday and I am so excited! Seeing pictures of Colin makes me so happy for you. He is such a handsome baby!!!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

um technically Donovan never had a giant head, thank you very much! He just has a gigantic body. He is still in 15-30 percentile for head circumference! That is great that he has gained weight though, that is always such a relief to know you are doing the best you can and it is working. Those pictures are so cute, she did do a really good job. Hopefully we can see Colin again before we head back to Ierwa!

Gina said...

You know I want an announcement and a picture for my magnet board!
11466 Peacock Rd
Greentop, MO 63546

The pics w/you all in black are awesome!