23 July 2008

jumping on the wagon

I'm only doing this because I'm a copycat and have to do what everyone else in the family is doing.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together (and you and Nate), or leave one of the first memories you have of me (and Nate). 

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. 

Please to be following the instructions. I need some reading material for during Colin's midnight feedings.

8 comments:

Caleb said...

My earliest most predominant memory of Kirsta was when Nate and Kirsta "came out of the basement" and officially started dating - at least in the family's eyes. Go figure, Nate had to hang out with Brad and his harem of chicks to find himself a lovely wife.

Nate - where to start... maybe the time I accidentally shot him with my BB gun? I'm sure that brings back some fun memories. What about his favorite movie for a time, "Flight in the Alligator" (Flight of the Navigator).

We're glad that you guys live close!

Hannah said...

My favorite memory of Nate...Well it's gotta be the trimming of the Christmas tree. He'll never live that one down. Oh and the video of him and Brad making fun of me on a little fishing trip to the pond at Grandma and Grandpa Moine's. That was pretty funny. I caught a fish...Nate caught the tree. He has skills.

Oh Kirsta...I've gotta say you're perfect. I can't think of anything remotely embarrassing. I do remember when you and Nate were dating though. I'd always complain to my parents about yall hogging the TV all day everyday. I'll think of something good. I will...Just give me a few days Woot!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Brad's favorite memories of Nate are all the times he made Nate laugh, because according to him, he is the funny one.

I didn't ask him about his favorite memory of Kirsta, but I am assuming it would be the time when he asked her out on a date with the condition that they use her van. That seems to come up a lot.

My favorite memory of Kirsta was standing in line at Old Navy and the fabric shop on Thanksgiving morning. We found some awesome fabric that day and I got Brad a shirt he has never worn. I could probably think of something better, but since we don't live very close we don't get to spend a lot of time making memories...someday...

As for Nate, we don't really talk much, neither of us are big talkers so it makes it difficult for us to keep a conversation going. He did make me laugh while Donovan and I were over at Sam and Tia's and he was kicking the ball at Donovan and asking me if his fatness came from my side of the family.

I will try to come up with something better, but I won't make any promises.

I just thought of another Nate memory. When we told you two that we were going to have a baby, I think Nate's words were, "I didn't even know you liked each other". I guess we do argue a lot in front of people...

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

haha...I win on longest comment, beat that Lenna!!

namyersfam said...

MULLET

Hiatt Family said...

Nate, do you remember when you cornered me downstairs and twisted my wrist until I cried like a little girl? I think I was 17 or so. That was awesome. I also have to laugh about when you first came home from your mission...you were so different I didn't even know what to think of you. I'm glad you de-nerded and are back to the normal, optimistic Nate. I also laugh about how you used to make fun of how my child pranced like a girl instead of walked. Also, I miss the good ol' days in Orem when you guys were only a few blocks away. We had osme good times then...that goes for Kirsta too.

Um...as for Kirsta...it's all the little things. Random comments here and there, feeling a special kindship during good and bad times. You are an awesome sister in law to have. You and your laid back personality compliment my brother's personality so well that you just fit in our family so perfectly. Disneyland is always the best with you...and Nate...just kidding. Mostly just you. I also have fond memories of our creative crafting projects. You inspire us all. I do remember when I first met you. You were pretty quiet, at least when I was around, but for some reason I knew you would come around eventually. And what do you know... you totally did. Thank goodness! And P.S. Yes you may.

Amy and Brandon said...

The pink and purple (or was it blue?) boy briefs we found at D.I. and then created into a sign that we hung in our living room that read: Please Be Brief!

I wish we had kept that thing! It was awesome! But I don't think the roomies appreciated as much as you and I did. Good times. Good times.

Heather said...

One of my earliest memories of Kirsta was when she wore a necklace made of colored paperclips. I loved it!! It totally reminded me of something I would do. I made earrings like that when I was in high school, but never thought to make a necklace, maybe I still will. I also remember being excited when I learned how crafty she is because we can craft together.

The earliest memory that comes to mind of Nate was when he and Caleb got in a fist fight soon after Caleb and I were married. That one kinda freaked me out to see them both going out. Boy things change!! But, on a happier note I remember Bryant always using Nate as a jungle gym. It was especially nice during the months when Caleb was out of town and I wasn't feeling good. They still had someone around to wear them out occasionally. It's been a lot of fun to see him as a new Dad. It reminds me of watching Caleb with our first one.... It's always precious.