Anyway, I went to see Dr Porter today and this appointment was pretty much like all the others. I was weighed and measured, and then we listened to Li'l Cleatus's heartbeat. Everything is good and normal. And it appears that the baby's head is down where it's supposed to be and "pretty well engaged." Sounds like good news to me.
Here are some pictures to help you visualize Li'l Cleatus's size. His weight is somewhere between a pineapple and a cantaloupe. (About 4.5 pounds.) His length is somewhere around 18 inches.

In project news Nate and I have been busy working on the house. We're getting the hall bathroom put back together tonight. We've got the baby's room mostly cleaned out and ready (there's a bit of a problem with the closet doors still). And we've been working on getting our garden ready to plant. Caleb came over on Saturday and helped Nate with the weed whacking and tilling. Ethan is putting in the sprinkler system sometime this week, and then we're good to sew some seeds. I'm really looking forward to that part. It looks like this holiday weekend is going to be filled with projects for us. We still have tons of baseboard, door casing, and chair rail to prep and install, along with all the other minor things we want to get done before the baby comes...

4 comments:
Donovan was only 19 inches, it looks like Cleatus will be a little taller than his cousin was. Hopefully he won't weigh as much as Donovan, I hope you have a very normal sized baby, for your sake! Remember to do your kegels!!
Puffy? yep the heat will do that every time. You should be thankful that you aren't in IA at this time to add humidity into the factor. Everything sounds in order and the "nesting" has begun and is progressing. Yeah for projects! It's so nice to check them off!
Sorry I could not help on the later Saturday projects. Being the plumber takes a lot out of me early on Saturday morning. Hope my work is not leaking at this time.
At least you didn't see the plumber's crack... the plumber crack his back in the stair well. That stair railing is so important for the health and well being for our future grandchildren, us old folks and aunts, uncles etc. Glad things are coming together and glad we can help when we can.
Don't swell up...use that lazygirl chair you just bought and it will help a lot. And remember what I said about the Silvey rule of being pregnant in the summer! dad-in-law
I hated that swelling feeling. My feet were the worst, especially starting June and July. I used to get a hand towel wet, put it on my feet, and then had a fan blow on them. That made them feel better at least. Sounds like that baby keeps on growing! Hooray! Wish you could enjoy your holiday weekend a little more. Projects are fun...
Post a Comment