29 March 2008

Diabetes

I passed! Huzzah! No diabetes for me! Finally something has gone right with this pregnancy. All I had to do was not eat for like 6 hours, guzzle a bottle of lemon-lime syrup (way worse than the orange soda stuff), get my fingers pricked 4 times, and not throw up. And I did do all of those things. To celebrate when I got home I ate 3 bowls of 3 different kinds of cereal and took a 3 hour nap. Not a bad day. Nate and my brothers just went to play soccer, so I guess I'll try and get some stuff done around the house now. Later-

3 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Yea! Glad to hear it! Lemon-lime huh... I think that's what I had. It was NASTY! Congrats and I hope you got a lot done around the house. I cherish those moments to myself to catch up.

Hiatt Family said...

Kirsta, I'm commenting to your mention of a glider on DeAnna's site...I think you should jump right to an overstuffed lazy boy rocker/recliner. It's great for nursing, sleeping, rocking, and a time out chair. There were so many nights that mason woke up that I would end up falling asleep while I tried to feed him. The padded arms were a great way to support a tired baby and mommy. Just a thought...

Kirsta Silvey said...

We're getting a recliner too for the living room. And we're looking to buy one soon. But I wanted something for the baby's room specifically. Nate's hoping that I'll be able to sleep in the recliner so that he can sleep in the bed by himself. He claims it's all in the name of me being more comfortable, but I'm thinking he may have an ulterior motive...