19 June 2015

Stewart Falls 2015

On Wednesday the Primary Presidency took the Activity Day girls hiking to Stewart Falls. It was fun!

Someone loves to brush. And wear hats. And wear diapers. This was obviously before we left.


We had a good turnout! Almost every girl in the ward came. 17 activity day girls, plus my four, plus two Hurtado boys, plus Kari's littlest. We got a bit of a late start, but everyone was happy and ready to go once we got to the trailhead.


   


Kylie, Lydia, Rebekah, Audrey, Christian, and Gabby.







We made it!




Colin was happy to be done hiking for a few minutes!



Ryan Hawkins, the walrus.



So pretty. This is one of my favorite waterfalls.


Colin trying to be a walrus too.


I'm really quite proud of this picture. I was trying to get a picture of me with the falls, and this is what happened.



 Me, my kids, a few other kids, some strangers, the waterfall, and Ryan's backside.


Colin photobomb.



It was a good hike. I was definitely tired at the end. Carrying an almost 2 year old on your back is no joke! But I did it, and the kids were all amazing. Gray had a hard time on the way back. It is really steep and rocky the first bit on the way back. I was up front leading the girls, and Gray was behind with Tracy and Ryan. I guess he sat down after a while and wouldn't move, and it wasn't until they realized he was thirsty and dehydrated and offered him some water that he recovered and was fine. Tracy said he walked the rest of the way after that. I felt bad that I wasn't back there taking care of him. But he's a tough little 3 year old! I like taking my kids to do things like this so they can realize that they can do hard things. We are Silveys! Big, strong Silveys! (That's our family chant.)

No comments: