The first stop was making light sabers and posing with a Jedi Knight. He tried to fix Gray's hood, and Gray tried to fight him off.
Colin was the only one brave enough to pose with the Stormtroopers and Robot Darth Vader (as Gray called him.) It was only after we moved on that I realized that I should have had my picture taken too! Dang.
Upstairs was the Jedi Training Course, starting with the Degobah Swamp.
After making it through some obstacles they had to return a precious jewel to Princess Leia.
And pass through Yoda's cave.
Out on the terrace they shot squirt guns (given to them by Han Solo himself! and I would have taken a picture of him, but I felt a little creepy about being a mom taking a picture of a random teenager) at various nefarious villains. Then it was time to use their lightsabers. Another Jedi tossed balls and beanbags at them to hit. Gray was very serious about it.
Then the brave warriors took on some big guys from the Dark Side.
I was really impressed with how much work the library put into this event. It was a huge success. I hope they do it again next year!











No comments:
Post a Comment