19 September 2014

Happy Birthday Jude!

Today, my baby is 1. I usually look forward to this milestone, but I feel a bit sad about it this time. I'm not ready for my wee one to grow up.



Here are some things about Jude at one year of age:

He can walk, and pretty well might I add, but he still prefers to speed crawl around the house.
He says, Dada, Mama, and Bye with regularity.
He is trying to say Papa.
He says Mmmmmm when he eats.
He loves to wave hi and bye.
He gives great high fives.
He has the biggest, goofiest front teeth I've ever seen on a baby.
His hair is blonde.
His eyes are definitely brown.
He is tall and skinny.
He is too tall for 12 month clothes and too skinny for 18 month clothes.
He can go up and down the stairs.
He loves to play peek-a-boo still, especially when he covers his own face.
He grooves to music by bouncing up and down and twitching his shoulders.
He babbles constantly.
He loves putting toys in/out of containers.
He has 4 teeth and is cutting 4 more.
He gets jealous when one of the other kids is on my lap and tries to shove them off.
He is getting better at sleeping, but he is still the worst sleeper I've had, which is saying something, because the others were pretty terrible too.
He claps when he's happy.
He can sign More and All Done, but he usually just does all done.
He still nurses, but he can only do it without any distractions.
He is one happy kid. I get comments on how happy/smiley he is all the time.
He loves to feed himself, and one of his favorite foods is green beans. (Surprise, surprise.)
He gets into mischief constantly. I have to be very careful about turning my back on him.
He loves to try and give kisses, although at this point they are more of just open-mouthed face bonks.
He loves everyone, especially his family. And his uncles. And his aunts. And his grandparents. And his cousins. And his pirates. And his cats. And his doggies. And his computer. And his meatballs. And his macaroni. And his cheese. And his self. (Colin and Gray gave me that list.)

No comments: