29 July 2014

behind

I get so behind on this blog, and then I don't want to catch up because just the thought of it is overwhelming. Blerg. But I shall do my best and try to recap what went on during the month of May.

Jude being adorable. He thought he was such a big boy sitting on Gray's chair.


I love playing potato heads with my kids. They often get mad at me for not doing it "right," whatever that means.


Kate required a fort for some privacy. I did my best.


She did not appreciate me taking a picture of the inside.


She did appreciate me taking a picture of her adorable curls on Sunday though.


I love her hair when it is curled. She looks so grown up!



On Fast Sunday I typically make Nate a pineapple upside down cake. This month's attempt came out just a little wrong. It still tasted great, but it looked nothing like a pineapple upside down cake when I tried to serve it.


Sick boys taking over my bed.


Happy, blurry, brothers having a snuggle.



Kate's preschool graduation. She loves Jude. I have a bunch of video from this event, but blogger won't let me upload them, so you'll just have to imagine a bunch of preschoolers singing ridiculous songs.



Kate and her friend Mia McCluskey.


Our sweet neighbor gave Kate this fairy costume. Gray thought he should give it a try too.


He makes a pretty cute fairy.


On Mother's Day I made breakfast for my mother (and siblings). I tried my hand at blueberry lemon rolls and cinnamon rolls. And I made raspberry crumb muffins and like eggs and stuff. It was delicious. But the cinnamon/blueberry roll recipe made a crapload of rolls, so we had plenty to share with some neighbors too.


My kids asked my mom to help them bake a cake for me for Mother's Day. They choose the frosting and helped with the sprinkles and everything. It was a very nice surprise.


Our garden as of May 14-ish. An embarrassment of weeds.



I'm just as surprised as you are to find these two hugging!



And then they both wanted to pose on the elephant chair.



And Kate wanted to take a picture of an unwashed, post-gym, sweaty me and a cute Jude.


Playing in a pile of cushions, blankets, and bean bags.



Nate and I decided that after 7 years it was time to do something with the planters in our front yard. Behold our plants!




They no longer look this nice. I'm not sure exactly how I'm killing them, but somehow I am. Also, they are shade plants and the front of the house doesn't get as much shade as we initially thought. So we'll have to trying moving some of them in the fall.


I took this picture of Buzz to send to my mom, who was on vacation in California.


Gray picked these weed flowers for me and was so proud of himself! I didn't have the heart to tell him that they were just weeds and I didn't want them in my house. So I found a vase and stuck them on the counter. He told everyone for days about the pretty flowers he gave me and the pretty vase they were in. It was so sweet.


We had an impromptu tea party with our little friend Zoe.


Apparently it was a clothing-optional tea party.


Jude and his little bottom teeth poking out.


Our garden the next weekend. I spent a LOT of time pulling weeds. We planted tomatoes, green beans, watermelon, pumpkins, zucchini, and jalapeƱos. We had some lettuce come up volunteer from last year too.




I really wanted a picture of this pan on Jude's head, but he just wouldn't keep it on by himself. Disobliging baby.


Ah, snuggles.




Colin's last day of kindergarten! His principal is Mrs. Burr, who was my creative writing teacher my sophomore year. She's a great lady. Colin is lucky to have her running the show.


He didn't want to look at me.


I also have plenty of video from Colin's program, but again, I can't upload it. They sang a song for each month of the school year. It was cute. It was also short, which I appreciated even more because I had 3 little stinkers running amok during it.

Colin and his teacher, Mrs. Tanner. She was amazing. We all loved her.


Colin and his best pal, Gage. They are going to be in the same class next year too!


After we came home all the kids had to have quiet time. And for some reason, they all insisted on having a picture taken of them lying in their beds.




Jude loves the washing machine. I wish he loved folding the clothes and putting them away!


The boys were sick on Sunday, so I went to church with just Kate. When it was over she asked if she could walk home with Mary. She also informed me that I was not welcome to walk with them. I had to keep a respectable distance behind them.


A manly man in a manly apron.


Colin's secret FBI instructions for Agent Silvey and Agent May.



Me and Batman. (The mask is actually glasses, and they are too big for his little face.)


Jude, the worst napper, taking a nap on my bed. Why my bed? Because if he were in his bed he would be safe, and also awake. On my bed, I have to keep a close eye on him so he doesn't roll and fall to his doom below. Thanks baby! (At least he slept, right?)


Some teenage weirdos at the splash pad. The picture isn't the best, because I was trying to be discreet. They were dressed as a pat and a raccoon, I think. Tails, furry arms, and crazy hat/mask things.


My mom was kind enough to move to a new place in Provo so that we could have the basement for our family. Our living arrangement had worked great for 7 years, but trying to fit the 6 of us in 3 rooms was not going great. We had talked about her moving out since the beginning of the year, but we weren't in a big hurry to kick her to the curb or anything. We were taking time to find a situation that would work for everyone and where we could help her out and everything. At the beginning of May a friend of my mom's offered her a duplex he owns for a great price. Mom was going out of town for 2 weeks in the middle of May with some of her girlfriends. She got back, had one week to pack, and then moved out. Needless to say it has been a bit of a crazy couple of months. Here are some pictures from the day she moved.






And here are some pictures I had taken of her new place while she was on vacation so that we could measure and make sure all of her furniture would fit.









It's an older duplex, but it has new carpet, new paint, 4 bedrooms, 2 family rooms, and 2 bathrooms. I hope it will do nicely for my mom and my sister until Heather moves out and my mom is closer to retirement. Then Nate and I hope to be able to buy her a small, first-floor condo with no yard work where she can stay more permanently.

No comments: