...consisting of Christmas morning and other December activities.
We put up the tree at the beginning of December. The kids decorated it. Anything above 3 feet was put on by a kid lifted up by Kenny.
I figure the tree is for them, so they should decorate it. And they were allowed to play with the ornaments and bells to their little hears' content.
My little super heroes. They like to put diaper covers on over their pants. It's always a hoot.
Princess Gray playing in Kate's birthday stuffs.
How the tree usually looked.
I asked Colin to give me his best Aladdin pose, because he was dressed up as Aladdin.
Gray built this all by himself! He was so proud. He kept handing it to me so I could admire it. Not bad for a 15-month-old kid.
Colin also likes me to take pictures of his Lego masterpieces.
Kate did not want me to take her picture while she was hard at work hammering.
Another masterpiece. This spaceship was all tricked out with blasters and bombs and the like.
And after I took a picture of Colin and the Legos, the others wanted a picture too, but with funny faces.
It cracked me up when Gray tried to make a silly face like the big kids.
Christmas morning! I stayed up late the night before finishing presents with my mom, but at least I got everything finished for the kids. Did I have everything finished for my brother, mother, and in-laws? No, no I did not. But they will get their gift soon. I hope.
The kids were delighted with the little things in their stockings, especially the mouthwash (until they actually used the mouthwash and now they hate it).
Gray enjoying one of his books.
Colin was so excited to get cereal! And then he was only mildly disappointed when it turned out to not be cereal.
Nate's surprise gift! He usually knows everything he's getting because he is with me when I buy it, but I made this shirt for him on the down low. I was more than proud of myself. And he likes it.
A beautiful smile from the most beautiful girl in the world.
Treats for Nate.
My bearded brother.
My stylish brother.
My brother who was convinced this gift card was a belt.
I made super hero masks for Colin and princess crowns for Kate out of felt. They turned out really awesome. I think I was a little more excited than the kids initially, but we have already gotten a lot of use out of them. Here is Kate sporting Rapunzel's bejeweled crown.
Gray and an old mask.
Kate and most of her crowns, and her new cup.
Gray is still pleased with how handsome he is.
Cinderella Hulk.
Sheriff Thor.
Snow Man. (Get it?! Batman plus Snow White!!) Also, Gray did not want to take a picture with me.
I found those popcorn containers at DI. They originally come from Target for $1 each, but I got 9 for $1.50 total. Score!
The kids got more Duplos for Christmas plus this sweet building mat. This is our Monster Palace that we made together. Notice the seating area with dual televisions, a basket with toys and books, a flower garden (because monsters like to eat flowers), a bbq grill, an open play area, and a cashier at the front to take their payment. On top is a monster statue.
And this is our zoo, complete with fence to keep the animals inside.
And yes, I have been known to push the baby out of the way so he doesn't destroy things before I take a picture. I'm not proud of that.
Gray got some new trains and tracks to go with his existing trains and tracks. He loves them. We all do. I get pretty excited when I make something awesome that connects all together and uses every piece.
Colin took this picture of me and Gray. It's not very flattering, but there are never any pictures of me, I'll be a good sport and post it.
Kate loves her pillow pet, which we have christened Charlie the Unicorn.
































2 comments:
You make me smile. I do the same thing with Brad train sets. I feel pretty cool when I use all the pieces and it all connects. Also, your masks and crowns are amazing! Did you make them up? If so you should sell or Pinterest or something your patterns!
Thanks for blogging! I love the pics and stories, and yes, you should include more pics of yourself!! BTW, I love your photos by the stairs, and the Christmas stockings - who made those?
Post a Comment