23 November 2011

pre-thanksgiving

Here's what we've been up to lately. We don't get out a lot.

Colin's new favorite place to read. Kate likes to join him. Sometimes they tell me they are sick so they need to lay there. Sillies.



I was told by a neighbor (who is a reading specialist) that you should let your kids look at books before bed to encourage a love of reading (because who wouldn't want to look at books when the other option is to go to sleep?). This is how I found Kate the other day.


I have video of this somewhere. They were kicking their legs and yelling and laughing and thought they were so funny. And they were. Man, they have skinny legs.


Nate finished our table! The top is stained to match the floor, and the bottom is painted to match the cabinets. It looks really nice. Nate does good work. We bought the table (solid oak) on KSL about a year ago for $100. Not a bad purchase, eh? Now if we could only find some chairs to go with it....


We moved the couches when we put the table up. The red rug is gone and I'm looking for something a little smaller to put in its place.


Gray is secure enough in his manhood to wear pink. Also, it's his favorite color.


My baby boy has the cutest fat-faced dimples ever. I wonder if they will stay when he grows up.




This is a book of songs, and I took video of Nate singing to the kids, and then he started singing that he was going to smack me if I didn't stop recording, so I took a picture instead.


Gray is moving and growing and learning. He loves to suck on his hands, and since he can grab toys now he likes to try to suck on them too. He curls up on each side and rolls around on the floor, but he has yet to roll over. I blame that on his largeness. He's starting to try to laugh, and he loves to smile all day long. He likes to play with his toys. When he has tummy time he mostly just sucks on his fists like a chump. I can't convince him to try anything else. He likes to be carried and snuggled. He doesn't sleep well at night. He's a pig who loves to eat, and there ain't nothing wrong with that. He adores his siblings and loves when they sing and talk to him. He loves to stand and bounce.


It snowed a few days ago and the sweet neighbor kids across the street took my little ones out to play. It was nice. Colin was so excited to go out and use his shovel.


Kate is Gray's biggest fan. She gives him hugs and kisses all day long. I have to keep an eye on her when I lay Gray on the floor because she can be a little smothery when she gives hugs. She is so cute when she talks to him. "Hey Brother! I love you, Brother! Hi Gray hi Gray hi Gray! Hello Sweetness!"


I love her crab pajamas. I call them her Crabby Pants.


Oh, and I totally slept for 7 hours straight last night. (Pretty much every other night since Gray was born has consisted of maybe a 4 hour stretch, if I was lucky, followed by 1- to 2-hour increments.) When I woke up and saw what time it was I panicked because I thought Gray was dead. When I realized he was still alive I was very happy and well rested. Everyone should get to sleep so much at night!

2 comments:

Diana Dye said...

I really like your table. Hope it doesn't take Nate long to handcraft matching chairs.

Gray is changing so much. He is definitely getting his own look and less a mini-Colin.

And yay for sleep. You know you're a mom when something must be wrong to get that much rest.

Silvey Mothership said...

Clearly I haven't checked anything for a long time. I love the pictures especially of Gray. He does have an adorable chubby, kissable face! Table looks good for covering up wonderful oak with paint. It looks good in your house nice job. Kids and their play always entertaining especially when you can capture the moment.