28 December 2010

before christmas

I just realized that these pictures are all backwards. Oops.

I didn't get any pictures of the awesome snowstorm we had because the camera was lost (aka in Nate's car). So these snow pictures are from before that. Colin and Nate went outside to shovel and build a snowman. Kate and I watched from the safety and warmth of the kids' room.




Can you tell she was excited to be looking out the window?




Aww, he's so cute all bundled up. I had to take him to DI to buy some boots because he insisted that he needed boots (which was true) and he really really really wanted to go play in the snow. We had a great time at DI, just the two of us. We scored 2 awesome toys for 25 cents each and Colin was thrilled.


Ha. I love her.


I had a birthday! Now I'm old. The funny picture was supposed to be first. Big thanks to Stacey and Steve who came all the way from Provo to celebrate with me. I made a coconut cake for myself because even though no one else likes it, it was my birthday so I could have whatever cake I wanted. I also made nut brownies for those weirdos who didn't want my cake.



I'm pretty sure Colin wanted me to take a picture of him juggling. Pretty sure.


Kate with her pigtails. She does not like getting her hair done! This was my first attempt at 2 pigtails on top, and they were not symmetrical.



I dressed Kate in the cute sweater dress her aunt Kelli gave her for her birthday. Kate was most pleased with the purple shoes that she got to wear for the first time. She wouldn't look at the camera for the longest time because she was so transfixed with these shoes. She's like this any time I put something new on her feet.



I thought Kate's hair might be long enough for real pigtails in the back. I was wrong. And Nate wouldn't let me take her to church with her hair like this. He didn't even want a picture of it.


This would really be better coming after the other pictures. At the beginning of the month Colin discovered the blanket closet in the hallway. He started pulling blankets off the shelves and throwing them on the floor. I was about to get upset and tell him to clean it up when he said, "Ooh, this is FANTASTIC!" He said that about every single blanket he pulled out. Nate and I laughed and laughed and all thoughts of punishment were gone. I took some video of it. I'll try to load that some day because it's hilarious. Kate threw herself on top of every blanket Colin pulled out. And once the closet was empty Colin decided to take a nap on one of the shelves.




Is it just me, or do their faces look the same?


I don't care what you say; her hair is awesome.



Like the scratch running through Colin's eye? Wonder how he got that? Well, his kind and loving mother was trying to stroke his face and ruffle his hair when an out of control hangnail came out of nowhere and sliced his poor face. I felt so bad!


Kate loves her beads.


And Colin loves wearing my shoes. I think he was mowing the lawn in this picture.


I can't remember why I took a picture of her beautiful, messy face. Probably because it was beautiful and messy.


3 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Mason would like to come and play in your snow...ours is melting and apparently doesn't look nearly as fun as yours!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love all of the pictures, and actually wish we had some of that snow. Donovan, like Mason, wants to play in some good, deep snow! I wish I had been there to hear Colin say fantastic, I know it was probably awesome. I love when Donovan says something out of the blue like that. Kids are entertaining!

Olsen Family said...

So I was blow drying my hair the other day and realized your birthday had past. I'm a bad friend, sorry. I guess that's what happens when I only look at the actual date once in a blue moon. Love you, hope you still know that.