29 November 2010

happy birthday baby kate!

Today my baby is 1. What the what?! I asked Nate last night if he could believe Kate was already a year old and he said, "Yes," very sleepily and matter-of-factly. But I can't believe it. It feels like she's always been part of the family, and yet I can remember bringing her home from the hospital like it was yesterday. Strange how that works. Here are some things about Kate:

She is awesome.
She loves to run and be chased.
She has the widest, most beautiful smile.
She signs please, more, all done, and waves hi and bye.
She loves to clap and dance.
She loves to pull clothes over her head so she looks pretty.
She always has pretty beads around her neck.
She has the prettiest big blue eyes in the family. (Also, the only blue eyes in the family.)
She doesn't say much, but she does say "mama" when she wants me, which is often.
She has eight teeth and almost a full head of hair.
She likes to take a bath, but she does not like getting ready for bed afterward.
She loves her brother, but she also plays very well on her own.
She knows where her hands and ears are. I haven't asked her about other parts.
She loves her dad and wants to go to him as soon as he gets home.
She is starting to mimic sounds in a hilarious way.
She gives snuggles and kisses on demand.
She has lost some of her stranger danger-ness. She now loves her granny, aunts, and cousins.
She loves frozen peas and green beans from the garden. Those are probably her favorites.
She also loves noodles, spaghetti sauce, bread of any kind, bananas, pomegranates, grapes, yogurt, and potato soup.
She wants a bite of whatever you are eating, and if you don't give it to her she will be displeased.
She is a joy.

Kate on her original birthday.


Kate one year later with her Granny, wearing a dress that her Granny made for her.


Kate in her new pajamas (which are probably the cutest things I have ever seen in my life).

6 comments:

Olsen Family said...

Kate is a cutie. I can't believe she's one either. In my experience #2 child seems like a baby for much longer than #1 child did. Miss you.

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday Kate! You don't know this yet, but I'm your favorite aunt. You'll see in due time. T-minus 16 days until you're clinging to me :)

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Happy Birthday to Kate! I am with you, I really can't believe she's already a year old! I knew it was coming up, but it doesn't seem like she should be that old yet!!

Silvey Mothership said...

Wow, I can hardly believe she is 1.
She looks adorable in her jumper and pj's. I'm so excited her jumper fits and turned out so dang cute. (even if I say so myself)She really is so much more "user friendly" thanks for sharing her b-day with us!

Diana Dye said...

Yay Kate! I loooove one-year-olds! They'll eat anything, are a bit more independent and don't know how to say no yet. And Kate seems like a pretty awesome one at that. Happy Birthday!!!

Hiatt Family said...

Dear, sweet, Kate - I didn't forget your birthday...I just forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Can't wait to live closer to you so that you won't scream at me and so that you and Addi can further your "besties" relationship! Happy Birthday blue eyes!