30 October 2010

halloween!

Ahhh! Scary carrots! For some reason, our carrots were horribly disfigured. Probably because they weren't watered properly or thinned properly or cared for at all. But at least they still taste carroty. And Kate likes them.



Kate loves to play with the laundry. She pulls clothes over her head and snuggles them. She tries to do it with her blanket too, but the blanket is too heavy and she often falls over.




There is rarely a moment in the day when Kate doesn't have something in her mouth. Or that she does have her hair done.


Colin, Mr. Bear, and the bumblebee costume.


Kate in the super cute hand-me-down overalls.


Beads are one of Kate's favorite chew toys. She is getting two more teeth. I finally noticed that they broke through about a week ago. It explained a lot about her behavior leading up to then.


Also, Kate loves to clap. I have video of it which might make it to the interwebs someday. Also, Kate is sassy.


Also, Nate broke my chair.


I asked Nate to describe this picture. He said, "Google-y eyes." Indeed.


Colin went out to dig in the yard while I got dinner ready. When Nate came home he went out to play with Colin. They were both bent over this way, and they were both wearing red shirts and jeans so they matched, but I didn't feel it was nice to get a picture of Nate looking like this, so you just get Colin.


Those are my shorts.


He liked the pockets.


Friday night we went to the pumpkin patch. There wasn't much to it, but Colin enjoyed himself and it was a quick trip, which Nate and I enjoyed.


Colin picked out his very own pumpkin. (It was getting dark and we didn't want to tramp through the wilderness for a pumpkin.)


While I put Kate to bed Nate and Colin started scooping out the guts.



I drew a face as Colin described what he wanted. Nate did the actual carving.


Ta-da! We're a very talented family, I know.



Saturday morning we went to a little Halloween party, and we stopped at Granny and Papa's on our way home. Colin helped Sam mow the lawn (with Marv's lawnmower). This picture is out of order, by the way.


I made fabulous pumpkin pancakes (colored only, not flavored) with jack-o-lantern faces for breakfast. It's okay if you're a little jealous.


Colin was still proud of his jack-o-lantern on Saturday.


This is the best picture I took of him wearing his costume. Oops. Maybe I'll have to try again today. Since it's actually Halloween today it will still count, right?


And here is Kate in her Thing 1 costume. Nate didn't know what Thing 1 is.



I asked Nate to take pictures while Colin went around to the trunk-or-treat and this is what I got. Nate reported that Colin was more interested in eating his candy than in getting more candy. And the girl in the pretty blue dress is Mary. And the pretty blue dress is my old prom dress.


There was a boy dressed as the Cat in the Hat, and he came over and took a picture with Kate. I have no idea who he is. I don't think he is in our ward.


We also got to go to Caleb's yesterday to play Rockband 3. It was awesome, and Caleb is awesome for sharing. Nate and I really enjoyed it. Sam got really into it as well.

10 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

You have some cute Halloweeners! You know, in the heathen state of Iowa we actually can't trick or treat until tonight...bummer. I can't wait for Kate and Addilyn to be closer together so they can become the besties that they are supposed to be. Kate's silliness reminds me so much of Addilyn sometimes that I know that they are just going to love each other! Happy Halloween!

DeskSet said...

Glad to see this Halloween went better for Colin than the first one did. He's very creative. And Kate is an adorable Thing 1.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

The treats are always the best part, I don't blame Colin for wanting to eat it right away. You're probably a mean mom like me and don't let him dig into his stash at his own free will so he has to eat it while he can get away with it! Donovan is currently eating his one treat for the night. I love Colin in the pirate costume! Kate's is also adorable, and creative! I have thought about doing a homemade costume someday...but I'm not that creative. By the way, I loved your super long comment, it made me smile :)

Rachel said...

Your kids are so freakin' cute!

Mindy said...

Very cute costumes!!

Olsen Family said...

Karlie is sitting next to me, and was silently watching me scroll down your post, until Kate as "Thing One" popped up. Upon which she stated, "that's from Cat in the Hat, thing one and thing two", so Karlie got it. Your kiddos both look adorable in their costumes, and i am jealous of your pancakes.

Andrea Grover said...

LOVE the Thing 1 "hair." And the halter dress/shorts.

Ryan and Rebekah said...

While I enjoyed looking at your adorable kids, those carrots are freakin' awesome! I thought Kates sassy shirt said gassy at first. Sassy is way better than gassy! I miss you friend.

Hannah said...

Your family is hot...and so are you. A month and 13 days!

Silvey Mothership said...

Nice! I love to look at all the pictures even though I got to see them in person! Wow, and a real pumpkin carving!