11 October 2009

stanley nickels

The name of the post doesn't have anything to do with the pictures that follow. That's the name of Nate's new WOW character. He's pretty proud of the name, but he thinks the character itself is ugly. He asked me to come and design it for him. (I think that's his way of including me in the game.) I made it as ugly as possible. Nate said he was totally embarrassed by stanleynickel's appearance. How sad.

Anyway, Colin likes shoes.


He gets really excited when he finds mom and dad's shoes. He doesn't try to put them on his own feet yet—he just likes carrying them around and saying "shoes."


I can't remember why I tried to take a picture, but I can tell that he wanted the camera. That's him signing "more" or "again" because he wanted another turn with the camera.


We planted an apple tree last year and were surprised to see actual apples growing on it this summer. We had to thin them out a little because their weight was breaking the poor little branches. We harvested our 5 apples last week. I handed one to Colin on Saturday morning and he went to town on it. He probably ate half of the apple while I was making lunch.


We went to Scott's soccer game on Saturday afternoon. It was a state cup game, and they won. Colin mostly walked around making friends or ate Teddy Grams out of Granny and Papa's hands.


Nate likes to look classy when he goes to soccer games. Just kidding, we were going to a wedding reception right after the game. Nate saw some people from his mission at the reception, which was cool for him. There were several girls there who are currently going to BYU but who were little preteens 7-8 years ago when he served there, so it was interesting to see how well/not well they remembered him and vice versa.


And this picture is because I thought Colin looked adorable in his striped shirt.


Colin got into a bit of trouble at nap time today. I put him in his crib at his normal time and closed the door. About 20 minutes later I heard some strange noises. I checked on Nate to make sure it wasn't him banging things around. It wasn't. I opened Colin's door to discover that he had somehow managed to pull the white shelves that held the tapes, CDs, CD player, diapers, and baby grooming stuff over and knock all the treasures into his crib. He was happily taking apart CD cases and checking out the discs. Nate came in and helped me pull all the crap out of the crib, and Colin got very excited thinking we were going to take him out too. We didn't. His punishment was that he had to stay in his crib and take a nap. I know; I'm hardcore. He cried for about 4 minutes, and then I found him like this. All I could see was the top of his head and one arm.


This evening Nate attached a blue elephant to Colin's leg in an attempt to keep us all entertained. Nate and I thought it was funny because he gave Colin "elephantiasis."


And again with the rushing of the camera. And no, his onesie isn't fastened.


I guess that's it for us. Stay tuned for next week's installment when I will have awesome stories to tell about my adventures hanging out with my beloved sister-in-law Lenna and her adorable children.

4 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Colin does look good in that striped shirt! But what doesn't he look good in? Just wait until Colin steals someones shoes at a soccer game, that is funny. I don't know what it is with kids and shoes. Anyway, I hope you have fun with Lenna. I hope it won't be too long until we can all play together again.

Mindy said...

I'm totally wanting to see the sad looking WOW character. Derek used to ask me to help him make characters too. I hope you are doing well!

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Yes, where can one view a picture of this stanley nickels fellow? I do wish to see him/it.

Silvey Mothership said...

You do have harsh punishment for naps! I can't believe you didn't let him continue to destroy all things in his crib. Sign of a good mom to use some "tough love" and make that boy get a nap.Ha.