19 July 2009

baby names

I already have a pretty extensive list of girl names, but Nate tends to shoot names down rather quickly, so I'm asking for your help. Please leave me a comment with some ideas for girl names. Keep in mind that Nate is more traditional (i.e. boring) while I am a little more open-minded. (Which means that we appreciate examples from both ends of the spectrum.) Thanks!

17 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I am horrible with girl names, but I will work on a list.

Silvey Mothership said...

My girls have family/traditional names. I don't know if I'm much help. I'm sure Sam could throw out lists of those kind of names!

Hiatt Family said...

Roy is a good name or maybe Nate can find one from World of Warcraft?

namyersfam said...

We like bible names, there are some very traditional ones in there along with a collection of unique possibilities. If I look hard, I bet I can find the list of names you made for Nathan and I and you're welcome to use an of those. :)

Heather said...

Here's a few ideas of both types of names:
Marjorie, Carmen, Ashley, Amanda, Tara, Allison, Stephanie, Bella, Mary, Jennifer, Michelle, Lisa, Allysa
There's a few for ya, maybe they'll help.

We're sooooo excited for another girl, Yay!!!!!!

Hiatt Family said...

Some the other girl names we considered were Clara, Brinley (Scott's favorite), Tia, Adeline, Amelia, Jane, Alice...I'll keep thinking!

Hiatt Family said...

Oh...Natalie and Bekki were on the list too.

Annie said...

Congratulations! A little sister for Colin! I've always like Hailey and Hannah. I'm guessing Hannah is off the list though...or maybe not?

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I don't think Hannah needs that ego boost.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

Here are some traditional names I love: Jane, Emma, Alivyah :)(or Olivia if you are boring), and Abigail.
Modern: Ava (I don't think I would be okay with you using this one though, because Brad actually likes it), Bella (I know, but I liked it before the books), Alexa, and I can't think of anymore right now.

Kirsta Silvey said...

Don't worry DeAnna, I won't steal Ava. I love that name, but it's a little too trendy right now. Although, that should be a good motivator for Brad, telling him that the name will be used if he doesn't use it first.

Nate said...

Alivyah? Why not just spell it Uhliveyuh? I swear, some redneck can't spell a name right and all of a sudden people think they just need to change the way names are spelled. And yes, there are right ways and wrong ways to spell names. I don't care what is on a kid's birth certificate.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

If you read Seriously So Blessed NATE, you would know what I am talking about.

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I stand corrected, she spelled it, Alivyiah.

Genealogy Dad said...

These are a few names with a family connection.

Great-Grandmothers and beyond...

Gloria, Polly Anne, Rose Catherine, Matilda Jane, Ruth Ella, Missouri Helen, Sarah Elizabeth, Nancy, Charlotte, Isabelle, Harriet, Betsey, Mildred, Comfort, Eunice, Permelia, Sally, Mary, Ann, Elma Jean, Samantha Opal Jane, Lenna Luella, Maude, Rachel, Laura, Mrytle, Anna, Annie, Maria, Amelia, Lyda Jane, Mahala, Esther, Lucinda, Mariah, Amy, Margaret, Susannah,

Other names of interest...Nora, Nona, Bobbie, Matty, Claratine, Lucy, Lucille, Bessie, Helena, Lucretia, Jeneva, Laura, Alice, Sophia, Emma, Emily, Emeline, Helen, Sally, Grace, Eunice, Hattie

Season said...

Looks like you have tons of names. Here are a couple I thought of this morning. Meghan, Brookley, McKenna, Emmalyn, Sadie, Evelyn, Rowenia, and I can't think of anything else. But it looks like you have some great suggestions.

Heather M. Williams said...

I like Missouri Helen.