15 May 2009

north & south

For Mothers' Day, Nate bought me a movie I've been wanting to see for a long time—North and South. Since I couldn't sleep last night I turned it on and watched all 4 hours of it. I LOVED IT! I'm going to go right ahead and say that I prefer Mr. Thornton to Mr. Darcy hands down. I like the book Pride and Prejudice better. I didn't care much for what I read of North and South. But the movie (especially the sweet ending) blows Pride and Prejudice out of the water. I think I might watch it again tonight...

Here are a couple of pictures. I'm a fan.


Richard Pictures, Images and Photos


John Thornton Pictures, Images and Photos

6 comments:

Bradley, DeAnna, Donovan, and Chamae said...

I love that movie!!! I'm so glad you liked it. I also love Mr. Thornton. Now I want to watch it again! I may have to watch it when I get home...

Silvey Mothership said...

I've never seen the movie version. You've made me decide it's a must see!

Hiatt Family said...

Is this the story about the Union and the Confedrates and their struggles to win for their own causes? Was it before or after Lonesome Dove? And how does it tie into Melrose place? Is this the story about two midwestern kids that move to Beverly Hills and deal with their changing teenage lives and just try to fit in with the hip kids? Do they have sideburns and a guy named the "fonz"?

Excuse my husband's ignorance. I too love that movie, but actually preferred the book. Mr. Thornton is dang hot though.

Heather M. Williams said...

yay! now i don't have to buy it. nate gives the best mothers day gifts ever.

DeskSet said...

Hooray! Isn't it the best? I definitely prefer Mr. Thornton to Mr. Darcy. Remember I called dibs on him first!

Also, the book is good, but it has a different ending. Just stick with the movie. :)

Heather said...

So, when's our movie night? ;)
Sounds like a great flick! Can't wait to see it.